Home

I really dislike the forced post up animation

This is a discussion on I really dislike the forced post up animation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I really dislike the forced post up animation

It may not be important or big thing that needs addressing but it annoys me when the defense can force my player to turn around and put his back towards them and post them up, I'm not pressing the post up button so why am I being forced into a post up animation. I must of missed the jedi mind trick rating "You will post me up. I will post you up.".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #2
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I really dislike the forced post up animation

It's probably the worst part of the game and it needs to be fixed. No idea how it went live.

Imagine if 2K's interpretation of physics actually applied to real life and other sports. Football would be the absolute worst. Actually it wouldn't even be a sport. I don't think it could be. Neither could hockey, or soccer or rugby.

We could still maybe see some baseball being played. Haha, I can picture someone running into second base trying to beat a throw and then going butt first into the second baseman and posting him up. Yeah...no baseball either =(

I could do this all night.

Forced physicality and body up/post up animations are bad.

Last edited by BegBy; 10-02-2016 at 11:09 PM. Reason: butt
Old 10-03-2016, 03:56 AM   #3
Pro

I've gotten 3 seconds in the paint calls because of this indeed. Although it kind of makes sense sometimes that to prevent someone from getting closer you block their path through post up. But it shouldn't be forced. There is I believe a command to disengage but don't remember.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 04:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
I've gotten 3 seconds in the paint calls because of this indeed. Although it kind of makes sense sometimes that to prevent someone from getting closer you block their path through post up. But it shouldn't be forced. There is I believe a command to disengage but don't remember.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Yeah there is all I can say is its annoying to have your guy do something that is a specific animation that there is controls for when you didn't press those controls. Its one thing with random contact animations but an entire turn your back to the defender animation and post up when im not even pressing L2, I don't know I guess its just a pet peeve but I wish some other animation played out in these off ball contact situations
Old 10-03-2016, 05:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

A very valid complaint. If I don't press the button to do something I should not be doing it. These are the kind of legacy things that have held 2K back for years. The feeling that you're not in control of what's happening.

The other thing is your player jumping to wrap up/contest a shot in the paint (always resulting in a foul) when all I'm doing is holding L2.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Peninc; 10-03-2016 at 05:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 06:24 AM   #6
MVP

Yeah, but this has other benefits like protecting the ball.

Players don't justr dribble inside the paint

I agree that players should not go in automatic "protect the ball" stance, but you should lose the ball more when crowded
Old 10-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Yeah, but this has other benefits like protecting the ball.

Players don't justr dribble inside the paint

I agree that players should not go in automatic "protect the ball" stance, but you should lose the ball more when crowded
Im talking off ball when you dont even have the basketball and a defender touches you and some how forces you to turn around and post them up.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

What? You guys don't like getting stuck in an animation and get called for 3 seconds?

I really hate that.....it's not like I'm hugging my opponent. I shouldn't be stuck to the guy if I'm just elbowing him on the back. As soon as I move my stick I should be off my guy. I'm sure many bigs feel the same way since it takes some bigs a half second to turn around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »