Home

MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem

This is a discussion on MyCAREER Has a Realism Problem within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #33
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer Has a Realism Problem

This draft thing is really ridiculous. MyCAREER... not MyNBASuperstar. It's a career, how your career plays out is entirely UP TO YOU.

2011 Draft, widely considered a great draft: 30 picks, arguably only 4 of which are considered Franchise players.

Kyrie Irving, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson.

13% of this draft.

2010 Draft: only 3 players worth calling Franchise players.

Paul George, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins.

10% of this draft.

Just because you are in the first round DOES NOT MEAN some of these players are not a 55/65/75 "overall" if you were to rate them. Kwami Brown is an excellent example on his own.

You have to PUT IN WORK to be a GREAT PLAYER. It is not, at all, unrealistic to be a crap player drafted in the 1st round. IN FACT, it's actually THE MOST REALISTIC to be crap and drafted in the 1st round.

Got drafted 1st overall? Congrats, you're Anthony Bennett.
Got drafted 2nd overall? Congrats, you're Derrick Williams.
Got drafted 2nd overall again? Congrats, you're Hasheem Thabeet.
Got drafted 2nd overall AGAIN? Awesome, you're Michael Beasley.
Got drafted 3rd overall? Awesome, you're OJ Mayo.
Got drafted 6th overall? Congrats, you're Johnny Flynn.
Got drafted 6th overall again? Congrats, you're Ekpe Udoh.

If you want to be good, put in the work. Practice. You can still average 25/7/9 by the end of your rookie season EVEN IF you're a 65 overall lol.

Last edited by MoodMuzik; 10-03-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #34
Rookie

So what about the people who didnt spend any money on VC but still could upgrade their players to 80+ OVR just like you did? Should they make a thread crying about something that is their own choice? i dont get why people keep crying abt vc this vc that, when the game really doesnt push you to buy.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #35
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

If it was realistic, people would cry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #36
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfr33
So what about the people who didnt spend any money on VC but still could upgrade their players to 80+ OVR just like you did? Should they make a thread crying about something that is their own choice? i dont get why people keep crying abt vc this vc that, when the game really doesnt push you to buy.
I've never purchased VC and my player is currently rated 87. I don't have a complaint about VC for attributes.
My issue is that I have no interest in the Online portion of the mode so the way it's currently set up makes it not as fun for me.

I just want to wear custom kicks without it costing me 7,000 VC.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

I mean, it's great that some of you have improved your players a lot, but that requires ALOT of play time. A lot of people don't have time to put in 2+ hours a day on a video game to accumulate virtual currency so you can enjoy the game that you already paid 60 dollars for.

All they have to do is either A) have us start with a higher overall and make progression a little slower or B) Give an option to separate my career from online modes like MyPark. I have no interest in that mode but I'm still locked in to the same restrictions as those who do play it.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:07 PM   #38
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

^^^^^^^^^^^

Adjust your difficulty to a fun level to play on.

OR, 2K could let us edit rosters and sliders in MyCareer, which would be THE GREATEST THING EVER.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:07 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
If it was realistic, people would cry
Yeah, 2k tries to find a balance between realism and fun factor for my career. Everything can't be by the book the way it occurs in the NBA.

For example, being a 55 overall lottery pick is not realistic however going from a 55 d-leaguer to a 95 overall who is on par with Curry, Lebron, etc in one year is also not realistic but 2k allows you to do that.

Another example a 1st round rookie getting released after his first year unrealistic. However 2k lets you be a free agent after one year to pick any team you want to play with.

If 2K told gamers that they had to play 4 to 5 years to reach their full potential, or that they could not change teams until their rookie contract expired people would go ballistic.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #40
Rookie

Really happy that my piece has generated such a lively discussion! Thanks so much, everyone for reading!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »