Home

Makes Sharpshooters Great Again!

This is a discussion on Makes Sharpshooters Great Again! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #65
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Makes Sharpshooters Great Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
So glad to have you join the party Hanz. I miss having you educate everyone about your up most expert analysis how everyone is wrong and you are always superior.

Sharpshooters were in fact given the most advantaged pre patch. Think about it genious if sharp shooter were not all that great why would My Park be full of them? How many PF do you see? How many lock down defenders or other arch types you see? Now Mr know it all go back and count how many sharp shooters and stretch bigs you see.

When average finds a exploit in the game everyone jumps on the bandwagon. My guess is you're in this wagon too and the wheels just fell off post patch. Tough luck buddy time to call Uber lol
There is no debate here on popularity of builds.

It's just not healthy and productive to corner a build based on their success. If the success truly is too great: there will be concensus from those same players benefiting from the success. Nobody wants to invest all this time and money into a too easy experience that doesn't even validate ratings and badges and technical user ability for efficiency - - that enviornment reeks with cheapness.

I didn't purchase this product and invest into this mode only for it to play like we are on Rookie Casual or Pro Default in Park.. nah, I'm with you on that. No debate there. Pro is much too easy in 17 and All-Star too if you're not gambling for badges. I understand the wish for penalties that tighten the margins.

As someone mentioned in a previous post: he suggested we *play Park on Superstar* and I support this. It will challenge everyone on their technical abilities and is a better boundary for these 94+ ratings that we specialize in. To give us these ratings on easy difficulties however that already give leniency to the user is asking for woes on woes. This shouldn't come down as venting on builds and the community: this is a 2k doing and it's their responsibility to respond and fix the bed appropriately otherwise this is the mess they intend us to be in.

*You increase the difficulty and it becomes more difficult to capitalize on your ratings and then you don't need this incessant attachment to tweaking numbers that coddle one side and spank the other. We are in ruins right now because this fixation on numbers is forever putting the community at odds.

Easy difficulties will always favor Offense and especially 3s. You can't score 40 3s with 1 player on HOF like you can Rookie or Pro. Can we achieve that with the ease we do on those lower difficulties and win? These shot tuning tweaks are very arbitrary and artificial imo - there is no one size fits all fix here that will appease everyone. The challenge should majorly come from the Grand Difficulty.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
There is no debate here on popularity of builds.

It's just not healthy and productive to corner a build based on their success. If the success truly is too great: there will be concensus from those same players benefiting from the success. Nobody wants to invest all this time and money into a too easy experience that doesn't even validate ratings and badges and technical user ability for efficiency - - that enviornment reeks with cheapness.

I didn't purchase this product and invest into this mode only for it to play like we are on Rookie Casual or Pro Default in Park.. nah, I'm with you on that. No debate there. Pro is much too easy in 17 and All-Star too if you're not gambling for badges. I understand the wish for penalties that tighten the margins.

As someone mentioned in a previous post: he suggested we *play Park on Superstar* and I support this. It will challenge everyone on their technical abilities and is a better boundary for these 94+ ratings that we specialize in. To give us these ratings on easy difficulties however that already give leniency to the user is asking for woes on woes. This shouldn't come down as venting on builds and the community: this is a 2k doing and it's their responsibility to respond and fix the bed appropriately otherwise this is the mess they intend us to be in.

*You increase the difficulty and it becomes more difficult to capitalize on your ratings and then you don't need this incessant attachment to tweaking numbers that coddle one side and spank the other. We are in ruins right now because this fixation on numbers is forever putting the community at odds.

Easy difficulties will always favor Offense and especially 3s. You can't score 40 3s with 1 player on HOF like you can Rookie or Pro. Can we achieve that with the ease we do on those lower difficulties and win? These shot tuning tweaks are very arbitrary and artificial imo - there is no one size fits all fix here that will appease everyone. The challenge should majorly come from the Grand Difficulty.

Might've been me with the difficulty thing. Seriously, that solves a lot of problems. Keep the sliders where they are right now, and bump the difficulty up to Superstar in Park, and HOF in Pro Am. That tightens the window for greens and forces players to take smarter shots, else they'll become bricklayers. Good shots are good, bad ones are baaaaad. It's really not hard to time shots and such on lower difficulties, and you're allowed to get away with a lot more.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #67
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Is Cael been mentioning:

Sharpshooters biggest leverage is the use of screens and the poor react and recover ability of non LDD builds.

I don't have a badge to counter solid screens efficiently nor do I have the ratings and the average user certainly lacks the stick skills to maneuver these bodies effectively.

All of the above are leverage points for the Sharpshooter and will swell their numbers. It's not fair now to erect ghost walls that contest shots as an alienated way to counter a high shooting percentage - that's absurd.

The enviornment we are in is benefiting the Shooters; it's not directly inherent in their ratings or shot tuning numbers. Damm right they should be fiercely deadly on open looks especially assisted off a Playmaker.

Celtics mentioned though that they just need a sliver of space and they can knock it down. This again is them leveraging the enviornment / system and not so much shot tuning numbers.

If we put a harsher penalty on screens and a boost for
better reaction and recovery abilities on defense: we would now be empowered to effectively mitigate the scoring prowess of the Sharpshooter from behind the 3 and give more leverage to running them off the 3.

The current system doesn't allow for us to be as effective as we would like to be on Defense and Shooters are leveraging this as an exploit. It's not enough to have a LDD either. That elite Defender is going to need a switch once in a while as well.

It simply was not this bad in 16 when screens had the possibility of being penalized. Prior to the penalties: it was the same abuse: little man and two bigs using the double screen, rinse and repeat off the offensive rebound.

Penalizing the Sharpshooter with Poor grades on his 5ft+ Open looks that are hugging the 3. Constituting them as Poor shot selections? This is not a healthy look: this is unjust - it's gimmicky and it's illegitimate. We can't have ghost hands assisting us on defense wtf...

Old 10-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #68
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Is Cael been mentioning:

Sharpshooters biggest leverage is the use of screens and the poor react and recover ability of non LDD builds.

I don't have a badge to counter solid screens efficiently nor do I have the ratings and the average user certainly lacks the stick skills to maneuver these bodies effectively.

All of the above are leverage points for the Sharpshooter and will swell their numbers. It's not fair now to erect ghost walls that contest shots as an alienated way to counter a high shooting percentage - that's absurd.

The enviornment we are in is benefiting the Shooters; it's not directly inherent in their ratings or shot tuning numbers. Damm right they should be fiercely deadly on open looks especially assisted off a Playmaker.

Celtics mentioned though that they just need a sliver of space and they can knock it down. This again is them leveraging the enviornment / system and not so much shot tuning numbers.

If we put a harsher penalty on screens and a boost for
better reaction and recovery abilities on defense: we would now be empowered to effectively mitigate the scoring prowess of the Sharpshooter from behind the 3 and give more leverage to running them off the 3.

The current system doesn't allow for us to be as effective as we would like to be on Defense and Shooters are leveraging this as an exploit. It's not enough to have a LDD either. That elite Defender is going to need a switch once in a while as well.

It simply was not this bad in 16 when screens had the possibility of being penalized. Prior to the penalties: it was the same abuse: little man and two bigs using the double screen, rinse and repeat off the offensive rebound.

Penalizing the Sharpshooter with Poor grades on his 5ft+ Open looks that are hugging the 3. Constituting them as Poor shot selections? This is not a healthy look: this is unjust - it's gimmicky and it's illegitimate. We can't have ghost hands assisting us on defense wtf...

Man if its as easy as adjusting difficult level from pro to All-Star or HOF then who are they waiting for? This will for sure reduce the high number of 3s made and will only reward those that know how to shoot and when to shoot.

My Park is just a total snow ball effect at the moment. With all these arch types and different builds I was hoping to see PF, Centers, PG and SF comobs but yet it's primarily the same two builds over and over time to time I'll see a play maker. Right now though its either SS or Stretch big. Because of ease of 3's well was since Wednesday when I last played.

Hate to sound like a broken record but if my slasher can't dunk on PGs because I have to be careful of being blocked then a sharp shooter shouldn't think once they cross the half court mark they can drain a 3 without much though or skill. Make the player actually play smart with screens and team ball. Put a little fear of missing and it will be a complete different experience for the best. I lost count how many games in My Park I played where I had more assists then points and yet we won over and over again. If opposing team starts to clog the lane and take away my dunk and layup then I have no problem dishing it out for open players or setting screens rest of game. Same should be for SS and Stretch big. Once they miss one or two 3s then the third wont be launched.

Life at this point will be grand. Still few patches left to come so hope this is addressed in one of them.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #69
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

Open shots for sharpshooters need to go in.
Contested ones should not.
Halfcourt shots should not.

Make the game play like this and all is well.

Rid the game of limitless range and the deadeye badges.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #70
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
Man if its as easy as adjusting difficult level from pro to All-Star or HOF then who are they waiting for?

[...][...]

Hate to sound like a broken record but if my slasher can't dunk on PGs because I have to be careful of being blocked then a sharp shooter shouldn't think once they cross the half court mark they can drain a 3 without much though or skill. Make the player actually play smart with screens and team ball. Put a little fear of missing and it will be a complete different experience for the best. I lost count how many games in My Park I played where I had more assists then points and yet we won over and over again. If opposing team starts to clog the lane and take away my dunk and layup then I have no problem dishing it out for open players or setting screens rest of game. Same should be for SS and Stretch big. Once they miss one or two 3s then the third wont be launched.
I can't take credit for the master difficulty being the ultimate fix but I side with that more than frequenty adjustingshot tuning to arbitrarily and artificially fix misses and makes.

I understand what you're conveying here in the last part: you're basically saying, from your experience, what is challenging the Shooters to adjust how they play? Where is their read and react ability? I think it's the ability to read contest distance and to adjust to a screen lol not much man. I hear ya though this why I bring up the point regarding our defensive ability to run them off the three.

Someone can join our conversation and share their best practices but solid defensive skills with these sub 70s ratings and poor defensive rated badges is reserved to a very limited few and will not be found in the bunches.

I know what I'm doing as a perimeter defender but I'm still nothing elite in 17. My knowledge is there and the will / enthusiasm for defense but the skill is lacking so ya I get exploited. If I take a wrong step on a shooter or get slightly nudged.. I'm cooked.. he has a clean license to kill me on that open look.. it's really that easy for them but it's not their fault... that's ultimately the dividing line for my opinion.

The Shooter is going to play the system to their strengths as much as anyone else should.

A bit off topic but what's the main lineup you run with? Is this the lineup you favor or do you have a better ideal?

Old 10-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #71
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
Open shots for sharpshooters need to go in.
Contested ones should not.
Halfcourt shots should not.

Make the game play like this and all is well.

Rid the game of limitless range and the deadeye badges.
Bruhh, why so harsh lol while we at it:

Remove contact dunks and Posterizer badge.

Slasher builds should not complete contact dunks on 7ft defenders.

Slasher builds should not be dunking on multiple bodies in the paint.

Open dunks for Slasher build need to go in.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »