Home

So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

This is a discussion on So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #17
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
It's still really early - if anything this will make finding a middle ground faster.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
The hard part about trying to do all this in the first two weeks is people have not even had a chance to move up their learning curves on how to play the game. So making decision based on the early floods of man and boy tears is hazardous.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

played a game last night with 46% and 48% shooting from both teams. Not liking the sound of a boost.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
I think the fix should focus more on what is considered a heavily contested shot rather than messing with percentages.

Since the patch a lot of what would be considered "open" looks are no longer open.. and the penalties for a bad shot grade are very heavy. That's not a problem if the shots being taken are actually bad shots, but since the patch plenty of legitimately open looks are clanking off the iron and missing.

The focus should be on making sure half court shots are penalized, making sure shooting with a defender literally breathing on your neck is penalized and leaving the open shots and late contest percentages back to the way they were pre-patch 1.03.

Just my opinion tho.

Rather than adjusting percentages, i'd be focusing on the harshness of the shot grades and penalties in relation to where the shots are actually being taken and adjust accordingly.

If you shoot from halfcourt.. you should never get a green release but once in a blue moon and shot grade should be trash.

If you shoot with a guy breathing on you.. you should have a very hard time getting a green release and shot grade should be trash.

If your defender closes late and you're a sharpshooter with max attributes, you should be getting at least B grades for your shot choice and the buffs/penalties should reflect that.

As it is now, late closeouts make your shot like a D+/C- and everything clanks off the iron if you aren't good at timing greens.
Someone in here gets it.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #20
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

as a guy who testing his shot creator sf online, it's VERY ANNOYING to miss everything. I rebuilt small islands with all my bricks. I'm curious to see what happens now after this fix. I think the shot creator should be the least effected class by defense , but due to 2k trying to kill the sharpshooters stretch big cheese, they may have also destroyed the shot creator.

I have no problem with my guards (ldd/ playmaker) but my shot creator makes me Wana just put him on time out for now
Old 10-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #21
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Look like all you guys that gamble on defense are about to have your crutch removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #22
Rookie

Damn i was so happy with our 40-50 %FG in my career.

Bad news for people who mostly play offline like me.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #23
MVP

I would love for Beluba, to say he's going to update several things and say that is updated. Just to watch all the feedback be, man this is great, my shot is spot on now, man this update messed up everything just watch the back and forth for a 3 or so days, and then say I didn't update anything and watch those people burn.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:02 PM   #24
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

This stuff irritates me man. 2K gives in to crying to damn much. A few sharpshooters feel they are inconsistent from 3 and Mike changes it.

Some people just CANT shoot that well. No matter their rating. I have a 72 3pt rating and I am shooting over 50% from 3 in the Park. Now just imagine if I had a sharp shooter w/ a 94 3 ball and all these shooting and HOF badges. I am sure I would be around 70%. Stuff was fine as is. If I can get greens on open shots it's no excuse for people w/ 90+ 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-04-2016 at 09:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »