Home

So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

This is a discussion on So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
This stuff irritates me man. 2K gives in too crying too damn much. A few sharpshooters feel they are inconsistent from 3 and Mike changes it.

Some people just CANT shoot that well. No matter their rating. I have a 72 3pt rating and I am shooting over 50% from 3 in the Park. Now just imagine if I had a sharp shooter w/ a 94 3 ball and all these shooting and HOF badges. I am sure I would be around 70%. Stuff was fine as is. If I can get greens on open shots it's no excuse for people w/ 90+ 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, isnt crying made the sharpshooters get nerfed in the first place? I wonder if people actually read before they post.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #26
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Wait, isnt crying made the sharpshooters get nerfed in the first place? I wonder if people actually read before they post.

What do I need to read? I never said it wasn't. I am tired of it both ways. So maybe you should read before you post.

The bottom line is I am shooting great w/ a 70 rating. I been said the shooting shouldn't haven't been touched period just moving screens mainly speaking for online.

I am tired of shooting getting nerfed and changed again later every few weeks. Is that better for you? And honestly the shooting is really better especially offline HOF wise. So the shooting was fine.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-04-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
I think the fix should focus more on what is considered a heavily contested shot rather than messing with percentages.

Since the patch a lot of what would be considered "open" looks are no longer open.. and the penalties for a bad shot grade are very heavy. That's not a problem if the shots being taken are actually bad shots, but since the patch plenty of legitimately open looks are clanking off the iron and missing.

The focus should be on making sure half court shots are penalized, making sure shooting with a defender literally breathing on your neck is penalized and leaving the open shots and late contest percentages back to the way they were pre-patch 1.03.

Just my opinion tho.

Rather than adjusting percentages, i'd be focusing on the harshness of the shot grades and penalties in relation to where the shots are actually being taken and adjust accordingly.

If you shoot from halfcourt.. you should never get a green release but once in a blue moon and shot grade should be trash.

If you shoot with a guy breathing on you.. you should have a very hard time getting a green release and shot grade should be trash.

If your defender closes late and you're a sharpshooter with max attributes, you should be getting at least B grades for your shot choice and the buffs/penalties should reflect that.

As it is now, late closeouts make your shot like a D+/C- and everything clanks off the iron if you aren't good at timing greens.
Agreed! I made the perfect slider sets for myself and the past couple of games, it's been totally off! It frustrated me to no end. Really hope they push it through early and fix it.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:22 PM   #28
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

Offline MyCareer was finally back to where the shooting %'s needed to be for each team. I really hope this doesn't make the CPU lights out on Superstar/HoF while All-Star is too easy for your team. I'll reserve judgement until the tuner is applied, but I am a little worried.

REMEMBER: Those of us that play MyCareer; we can't edit sliders, we have to live with the default settings. If we could, this wouldn't bother me.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 10-04-2016, 11:09 PM   #29
Rookie

*awaits tune happily*

Old 10-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #30
Rookie

/\ me too, that's the only thing that will help us toll they fix the shot meter glitch
Old 10-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #31
Rookie

Till*********
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #32
Banned

Please fix the steals and the coaching strategy geeesh....

I mean how hard can it be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »