Home

So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

This is a discussion on So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So wang says their will be an update tonight..not a patch an update..

Is it out yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #42
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

73 rated 3 ball shooting above 50% from 3PT range. So what's the excuse for people that has a 94 3 w/ all these badges that can't shoot consistently lol? I am convinced they just aren't as good at the game as they think, taking bad shots, no hotspots or etc. Because like I said, let me have that rating and I'd be shooting in the 70 percentile range easily.

Hopefully one of these years Mike will understand its ALOT of players that just isn't good as they think at the game and will force them to get better instead of tweaking in their favor. But I understand it's a hard job to tell when something needs to be tweaked and when it doesn't. But shooting didn't.

Hoping offline users aren't affected as much because the shooting was also great offline. But for the last time, I am a 73 in the 3 ball shooting over 50% from 3 and you're a 94 w/ gold and HOF badges on what All-Star difficulty? What's your excuse lol?

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-05-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #43
Rookie

Much needed tune Beluba

Old 10-05-2016, 08:25 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
73 rated 3 ball shooting above 50% from 3PT range. So what's the excuse for people that has a 94 3 w/ all these badges that can't shoot consistently lol? I am convinced they just aren't as good at the game as they think, taking bad shots, no hotspots or etc. Because like I said, let me have that rating and I'd be shooting in the 70 percentile range easily.

Hopefully one of these years Mike will understand its ALOT of players that just isn't good as they think at the game and will force them to get better instead of tweaking in their favor. But I understand it's a hard job to tell when something needs to be tweaked and when it doesn't. But shooting didn't.

Hoping offline users aren't affected as much because the shooting was also great offline. But for the last time, I am a 73 in the 3 ball shooting over 50% from 3 and you're a 94 w/ gold and HOF badges on what All-Star difficulty? What's your excuse lol?

Not all gamers play My Park/Mycareer etc
There are people that play 5vs5 PNO or myTeam etc.

% are not directly affected sometimes because you adjust.

After 2-3 games with previous "contesting tune" I started taking 3s only if had a huge gap with the defender, as ALL late contest even if I had already released the ball were considered bad shots. So my % were not worse. Roughly the same, but the balance between outside shooting and points in the point switched vastly towards points in the paint.

A bad defender shouldn't be rewarded for running towards the shooter in the last minute and the gap between them being 1 ft the shot is considered contested.

While I agree that in the start of the game more shots than normal were considered open, the first tuning overdid it. Hopefully it has been better addresed now
Old 10-05-2016, 08:31 AM   #45
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Not all gamers play My Park/Mycareer etc

There are people that play 5vs5 PNO or myTeam etc.

% are not directly affected sometimes because you adjust.

After 2-3 games with previous "contesting tune" I started taking 3s only if had a huge gap with the defender, as ALL late contest even if I had already released the ball were considered bad shots. So my % were not worse. Roughly the same, but the balance between outside shooting and points in the point switched vastly towards points in the paint.

A bad defender shouldn't be rewarded for running towards the shooter in the last minute and the gap between them being 1 ft the shot is considered contested.

While I agree that in the start of the game more shots than normal were considered open, the first tuning overdid it. Hopefully it has been better addresed now

I play all of that as well. And as I and others mentioned, before this tune it was great for MyCareer or offline. I play PNO a lot as well. Didn't notice the shooting being bad especially shooting wide open w/ players that mostly have a higher 3PT than 73. So overall it was fine for me.

My issue is mainly w/ sharp shooters saying they couldn't shoot. I am pretty sure that's the reason Mike changed it because those players were crying all on his Twitter that they couldn't shoot consistently and was missing open shots. Like they also did last year. Some people just can't shoot, man. I know it's easier to blame 2K instead of putting in the work.

Being able to tune whenever is a gift and a curse.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-05-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #46
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Hook shots been nothing but broken online. I use post scorer with maxed post scoring (94 hook shots), I'm able to splash green hooks easily over elite defenders at hof difficulty, but in park i struggle to convert them over mismatch and terrible defense. Simply because no matter how hard i try to release early its "slightly late release" or if I try to time it same way as offline its always " too late release". I have tried most of different hook animations, its same across the board.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #47
Rookie

Cool, just getting the tune now

Old 10-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #48
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Much needed tune Beluba

This is what I am talking about. Some people just don't know the game sometime. Find out why that is happening and try to fix them.

First this is pics. I don't know what was all going on. BUT from this pic, all I need to look at is your fatigue meter.

Most likely did a lot of dribbling and tired yourself out, held the release too long, and therefore you got a low quality feedback. But hey, maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

If the update came out around 3 AM EST.

Park is still okay I am guessing but I didn't run into any good players. So for those that needed the crutch for shooting. Congrats. Still have to check out the CPU in MyCareer.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-05-2016 at 08:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »