Home

2K Add a 6 foul limit system PLEASE! *Rant*

This is a discussion on 2K Add a 6 foul limit system PLEASE! *Rant* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #9
Rookie

Bandeazyy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Add a 6 foul limit system PLEASE! *Rant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackiaveliko
You could hack all you want, they still need to add a 6 foul limit.. it gets annoying, not being able to pull any moves because my opponent is busy tapping that square button
Make better movements and cuts. Try pump faking and being more patient before trying to go up and score. Most C's get stripped because think they can just go straight up due to their size. Expect people to do everything they can to stop you when you're in the paint. The post scorer I run with rarely ever turn the ball over in the paint, most of the turnovers comes from passing down the court and the pass flying out of bounds. Pump faking works miracles in park.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #10
Rookie

Even when you get a guy isolated and post him up in good position, You literally cannot make a move before they foul you.

The better players in the park have this timed very well. They start spamming the button the second your player catches the ball. If you try to pump fake, spin, shimmy, or just protect the ball - you will get ripped or fouled. You can make a decision as fast as you want, as long as the defender is in position and spams square he'll get the best outcome because he will never be truly punished for fouling. Most of the time I'll catch the ball and I'll get fouled before I can even trigger one of my inputs.

I do think balance is important. And I think there is credence to the line of thinking that suggests maybe this is necessary to keep the game on an even playing field. I just think it's lame that I made a guy to score in the post with an archetype that 2K specifically made to score in the post, and I'm handicapped in the park because nobody has to respect the fouls.

This is a non issue in Pro-Am. If my opponent plays reckless he gets punished and eventually I'll finish the game against a neutered AI opponent.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #11
Rookie

Mackiaveliko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Even when you get a guy isolated and post him up in good position, You literally cannot make a move before they foul you.

The better players in the park have this timed very well. They start spamming the button the second your player catches the ball. If you try to pump fake, spin, shimmy, or just protect the ball - you will get ripped or fouled. You can make a decision as fast as you want, as long as the defender is in position and spams square he'll get the best outcome because he will never be truly punished for fouling. Most of the time I'll catch the ball and I'll get fouled before I can even trigger one of my inputs.

I do think balance is important. And I think there is credence to the line of thinking that suggests maybe this is necessary to keep the game on an even playing field. I just think it's lame that I made a guy to score in the post with an archetype that 2K specifically made to score in the post, and I'm handicapped in the park because nobody has to respect the fouls.

This is a non issue in Pro-Am. If my opponent plays reckless he gets punished and eventually I'll finish the game against a neutered AI opponent.
THIS X1000!

It doesn't matter what I try to do, I consider my self an excellent post scorer I know all my moves. Yet they start spamming before I even get the ball. I made this character to post up, and get buckets and that is impossible. This game is all about "balance" and competitive gaming, well.. This needs to be addressed asap.

My solutions: Like in previous games, after 6 fouls they should be kicked out. (When they get 4-5 fouls they will be extremely careful, opening my game up.. I like this element of the game)

Or 1 free throw per foul after 6!

Last edited by Mackiaveliko; 10-04-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #12
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

as a sf it's funny as hell when people try this bs with me . it's to the point where I'm yelling , I'M A SF ,FFS. STOP IT.

breaking your square button isn't defense. it's a bailout just like in real life. keep slapping up someone in a park game and unless he's tim Duncan , watch how fast **** gets real.

yes they lose grade for this but it's honestly not enough. I seen a team of 3 combine for more fouls than they had points one day ( 10 to 6) . bs like that extends a 6 min game to a 16 minute game. it's also part of the reason why I like it when they do the free throws house rules.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:25 PM   #13
Rookie

Mackiaveliko's Arena

Someone from 2K seriously needs to see this. Us post scorers who have grinded to have everything HOF and grand badge are being hacked in the park. This needs to be looked at, balance is needed!
Old 10-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse

This. Anyone who says to react faster is completely missing the point. This is an issue. I don't see any downside to adding a limit to fouls. 11-12 fouls even in a real life pick-up game is ridiculous.

Like the post above said, this is a non-issue in Pro-Am, and there seems to be no opposition to that.

But OTOH, yes, that is good strategy to keep swiping if there's no consequence.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #15
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

I personally feel bad for you. I have encountered many times where I would be guarding a C 7'3 dominate me ( a sf 6'8) and I would purposely foul him if they came like completely under the rim. I don't think it's right for me to foul, but how is it fair for me to get bullied when they do a post dunk, That is completely unstoppable even when I time the block right or hold L2 and they still yam on me? Do I feel like they're should be a foul limit? Yes.
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 11:39 AM   #16
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree with the OP even though I'm a shot creator, and I also agree that sometimes you need to foul the big, but simply put it's no longer strategy rather its a handicap for the bigs right now because the penalty isn't significant enough.

I'd punch anyone who fouled me 15 times in a game of 21 in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »