Home

We Talkin' Bout Practice! +1 Attribute Boosts Explained (Kinda)

This is a discussion on We Talkin' Bout Practice! +1 Attribute Boosts Explained (Kinda) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: We Talkin' Bout Practice! +1 Attribute Boosts Explained (Kinda)

After a little tinkering around, I was able to determine that the Run Sprint drill is actually in the same grouping as the training room drills(bench,squat,etc.); it will grant +1 to either Stamina or Hustle.

Will edit the original post to reflect this.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #18
Rookie

Cracking update, thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #19
Rookie

And what does reaction time do?
Old 10-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #20
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

So can every type and position reach a 99 FT rating? Even big men? If so, that's very disappointing and would've rather had it where the FT couldn't be improved lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 10-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #21
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
So can every type and position reach a 99 FT rating? Even big men? If so, that's very disappointing and would've rather had it where the FT couldn't be improved lol.

should be tied with midrange, at least partially .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #22
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
should be tied with midrange, at least partially .

Are you saying that you believe it is or that's how it should be? But I believe it should be like that as well.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 10-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
So I've seen a number of people asking about how practice sessions work, particularly as far how the +1 attribute boosts are earned. After a little bit of experimentation, I think I've got a handle on how the system works; I thought I'd share it with others.

- For Every 5 on court drills(i.e. 1 on 1, 2 on 2, Boston,etc.) you participate in, you earn a +1 attribute boost; so far I've seen boosts to Hands, Shot IQ, and Intangibles given. You can complete your 5 over multiple practice sessions.

- Practice Free Throw is a guaranteed +1 Free Throw for completing your drill; as far I have seen, it does NOT count towards your 5.

- For every 5 drills you complete in the training room (Box Jump, Bench Press, Agility Ladder, Clean Lift, Squat, Vertical Leap) you earn a +1 to either Stamina or Hustle. The Sprint drill on the court is also in this grouping, it counts towards (and grants) either Stamina or Hustle.

- So far in my testing if your 5th training room drill is a free weight exercise ( Bench, Clean Lift, Squat) it tends slightly more towards Stamina, the agility based exercises (Agility Ladder, Box Jump, Vertical Leap) tend slightly more towards Hustle.

- The counter does roll over between sessions (i.e. If i earn a +1 after 4 drills then complete the other 2, the next session I only need to complete 3 drills to get my boost), so you should attempt every drill in the training room each session.

- Multiple attempts at a single drill do NOT count towards your 5 so do each drill only one time unless you need to fill up the Doin' Work bar.

- The Hand/Eye drill is a guaranteed +1 reaction time for completing the drill as far I have determined; it does NOT count towards your 5.

- As far as I have determined, simply participating in a drill is enough for it to count towards your 5, the scoring (Bronze, Silver, Gold) only determines how much of your Doin' Work bar is filled when completing the drill (though i have yet to test if intentionally failing drills immediately still counts).
i appreciate the work you put it. But i will say it doesnt take 5 drills to get your +1. and practice freethrows does not always turn into a +1 for freethrows.

It's somewhat random. Or perhaps its a sum of 3 to 4 workouts. doesnt matter which you do. except for reaction time drill which doesnt count since thats THEE only drill that gets you a guarantee reaction point every single time.

i've done 2 on court practice drills with my teammates(in non team practices or open optional practices). then went into the weight room. did the box jump. and bam. i got a +1 on stamina or hustle. early on I even saw some other areas of +1's in that weight room. dont recall which. but now since the last patch i only see hustle or stamina. unless you're doing the reaction drill.

there are times i skip all on the court work and say no or decline. then go straight to the weight room. you can do multiple vertical leaps. and eventually get a +1 in stamina or hustle. sometimes not. i have a feeling its random folks. sorry to say.

There are even times i've stayed in that weight room and did every drill once with no love at all. no +1. then i went around and started doing them again and bam. +1. so thats what makes me think its random. unless that has changed since the patch.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #24
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Is this working in park because my reaction time is 85 but in park its still 65.

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »