Home

Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc.

This is a discussion on Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but is anyone having success with fast breaks? They seem non-existent in Hall of Fame and it makes it a chore to play with teams that are more fast break oriented... there are games when the computer can have them but I can not make them happen. I thought that 15 and 16 were far better in this aspect. Not every team is a half-court team.

Fixing the fast breaks adds another layer of strategy in match ups as well. Do I want to limit the transition and get back or do I want to maximize my rebounding. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I concur. Since the last patch or tuner update, on Superstar, I've had a GREAT offline experience with 11 minute quarters.

Feels closer to release day in terms of shooting, except CPU is not as automatic. I've had scores as low as 85 range to as high as 115 points.

Great diversity depending on what team I'm playing. The Rockets were the team that lit me up for 115 points. I played with the Thunder and man, defense by the CPU is in a good place right now. It is NOT too sticky; I had 48 points with RW and 17 assists.

I hope they don't tune how the CPU looks for threes. In real life, the NBA teams are leaning heavily towards more threes per game.

My only complaints right now:

1. The animation when I am picking up the ball that I can't pass out of and makes me miss an open man.

2. Passing slowed down a tad

3. The CPU doing step-backs when they have a wide open set shot

4. Sense of urgency when running set plays.. players need to get in position quicker

5. The pass from inbound to the paint for an easy bucket by the CPU every once in a while is so cheesy

Overall, I am very pleased where this game stands offline.

Only 1 I disagree with and that's probably 4 I think play development is slowed down because of the new physicality engine introduced this year

Old 10-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS1hunna
Only 1 I disagree with and that's probably 4 I think play development is slowed down because of the new physicality engine introduced this year

I understand that. I appreciate the new off-ball physicality but I think the offensive player should have just as much fight off the ball to get to his position in a reasonable amount of time.

Certain plays aren't really usable right now due to them taking too long to develop. 30 % of your playbook can't be used due to how long the play takes.

I don't want the physicality taken out; I just want balance.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
I understand that. I appreciate the new off-ball physicality but I think the offensive player should have just as much fight off the ball to get to his position in a reasonable amount of time.

Certain plays aren't really usable right now due to them taking too long to develop. 30 % of your playbook can't be used due to how long the play takes.

I see your point

Old 10-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #45
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Yes, certain plays take way to long to develope. I usually make note of them and take them out my playbook. Some plays are just golden. My fav is probably any "Fist" play. Usually a off ball screen to a open man for a jumper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
Not sure if this has been mentioned but is anyone having success with fast breaks? They seem non-existent in Hall of Fame and it makes it a chore to play with teams that are more fast break oriented... there are games when the computer can have them but I can not make them happen. I thought that 15 and 16 were far better in this aspect. Not every team is a half-court team.

Fixing the fast breaks adds another layer of strategy in match ups as well. Do I want to limit the transition and get back or do I want to maximize my rebounding. Is anyone else experiencing this?

fb are a mess imo. i'm not sure if 2k was trying to improve on them and failed, or they were just trying to mask the bad transition defense and/or prevent cheese.

anyway, it's awful. post in the fb thread so it gets more attention:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...astbreaks.html
Old 10-07-2016, 11:27 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
fb are a mess imo. i'm not sure if 2k was trying to improve on them and failed, or they were just trying to mask the bad transition defense and/or prevent cheese.

anyway, it's awful. post in the fb thread so it gets more attention:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...astbreaks.html
As a single player MyGM guy, yes, fast breaks are horrible this year. MUCH better last year.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:30 AM   #48
Rookie

As it stands right now, here are my issues with the game (I play on Hall of Fame with default sliders):
  • User: Right now I'm shooting on average in the mid 50% range. I'd like this to be achievable, but I don't want it every single game. I think the percentage for wide open threes (of which I'm getting way too easily right now) could be reduced a little bit. I like where we are with contested threes and mid range. It is pretty easy to get open shots right now since the CPU defense usually breaks down on a pick and roll, either giving up an easy dunk or a wide open three.
  • CPU: I'd say the CPU is shooting in the 48-52% range against me on average at the moment (I'd like to see this in the 44-48% range on average for User and CPU). The CPU right now seems to be automatic in the mid range, post, and inside no matter how heavily they are contested. I think the threes for the CPU are ok right now in a half court setting. I find myself giving the CPU lightly contested threes over heavily contested inside/midrange shots on purpose now since it is the only shot that goes in at a realistic percentage. I shouldn't have to do this.
  • The pull ups on the fast break by the CPU , from both three and mid range, are going in at way too high of a clip right now. It doesn't help that my CPU teammates NEVER close out on these shots. If I don't manually close out extremely early on these right now, the CPU will make it every time. It seems like the defensive AI was not set up to deal with the offensive players running to the three point line and pulling up, which is a new feature this year.
  • Something has to be done about the passes inside by the CPU. Right now, my CPU teammates are oblivious to backdoor cuts and lose their man after every Off-Ball collision animation. My CPU teammates often try to go for steals on these passes, but they practically never tip them and just leave themselves out of position to contest the shot. This seems to be a kind of last ditch effort by the CPU if everything else on that possession is shut down, but it leads to success for the CPU way too frequently. I'd like to see turnovers in these situations more often than not (of which there are too few of at the moment).
  • The new off-ball collision system right now seems to only benefit the offensive team, which I would guess is the opposite of the reason it was put in. The defensive players seem to lose awareness of where they are on the court and where their matchup is for a split second after the animation ends. The CPU offense almost always takes advantage of this lapse unless you manually intervene (and I can abuse it as well when I'm on offense if I choose to). I'd like to see the defensive players react much more quickly at the end of these animations.
  • The pace of the game is far too high at the moment. The CPU tries to push the ball up off of a miss on every single possession. They will occasionally walk it up after a made basket, but I would like to see this happen off misses as well. It should also happen much more frequently.
  • No one hustles back on defense. This coupled with the CPU always trying to push the pace on offense leads to far too many easy buckets, which affects the high PIP numbers and high field goals percentages. I find myself manually switching over to my bigs to make sure they beat the offensive players into the paint. I shouldn't have to do this manually on every possession.

Last edited by clinthc0003; 10-08-2016 at 12:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »