Home

MyCareer Difficulty

This is a discussion on MyCareer Difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

OVR: 1
MyCareer Difficulty

i'm curious to what difficulty you guys play on? also what difficulty is Park/ProAm? i usually play on HOF, because #AllVCmatters, but even though i ball out my team can still lose because my AI teammates can't play D & have nothing on the opponent's AI. There's a certain "stickiness" on HOF where its like the AI opponents know where you're going to move or pass before/as soon as you make your button press and can immediately (and usually unrealistically) adjust to steal the pass or cut off the movement.

I went down one level to Superstar for one game and felt a distinct lessening of the "stickiness". Granted we still lost cuz the GSW are unreal, but things like cutting, passing, defense felt better, heck i even got a steal/poked the ball lose a few times (on HOF any time i press square for a steal its a foul smh even though my steal maxes at 74) ...might have to give it a few more games just to see if it improves the "Fun Factor." Superstar wasn't exactly easier than HOF but the AI did feel a bit less cheesy (keeping in mind with Golden State some cheese is realistic lol).

what are yall's thoughts/experiences? what difficulty do you have the most fun on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 02:56 AM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MyCareer Difficulty

I haven't played above All-Star

My main difficulty is Pro and it's fun but dull at the same time. Rookie is just way too easy and I can pretty much accomplish the same things on Pro. All Star is a good balance for me but for the badges I'm grinding for: it's more difficult than necessary.

I do look forward to playing on higher difficulties down the stretch when I'm no longer badge hunting. I usually have at least one character I use on Superstar and HOF.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2016, 03:05 AM   #3
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I've played on All-Star until I got till a 90. Went to SuperStar for awhile and now I am strictly HOF.

The only thing I do not like about HOF is the amount of fouls and And-1s they call in the paint. Other than that it's cool for me. Superstar is cool as well. I would play on either or but sports games I just be feeling guilty winning on anything below the highest level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 10-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

OVR: 0

I started playing on All-Star to get used to everything. Since my players rating is now in the middle 70's and it felt like i was winning games easily (with the Orlando Magic btw) i switch over to Superstar. When it gets even easier at a certain point or i win a championship i will bump it up to Hall of Fame.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Superstar for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #6
Rookie

I play on superstar but I'm about to bump it to hall of fame. My player is a 71 overall on the lakers and we barely lose. I average 22, 6, and 10 with a playmaking sg. We are 9 and 1 in our last 10 games beating golden state and cleveland.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #7
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRubio9
Superstar for me
what is the super star VC multiplier? 1.5?
Old 10-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Hall of Fame of course. It feels good to best the game on the highest difficulty. And then there's the 1.5 difficulty multiplier...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »