Home

PLEASE FIX THE OFF BALL DEFENSE

This is a discussion on PLEASE FIX THE OFF BALL DEFENSE within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #33
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PLEASE FIX THE OFF BALL DEFENSE

I love the Broadcast angle, but in between the full court missle passes and the off ball defenders giving up the paint pass layups I may have to switch. Smh. Anyone else had an sucess with slowing down the restricted area passes by changing cameras?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

The defense in this year's game Is beyond trash. The A.I. defenders is to unrealistic to take this game serious anymore.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:01 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I love the Broadcast angle, but in between the full court missle passes and the off ball defenders giving up the paint pass layups I may have to switch. Smh. Anyone else had an sucess with slowing down the restricted area passes by changing cameras?
I'm with you on the full court missile passes. There is absolutely nothing you can do. It seems as if 2k only has 2 pass speeds. 1) rocket fast chest passes (no matter the distance of the pass and the expect trajectory
and 2) the painstakingly slow overhead skip passes

The pass game seriously needs to be reworked and there needs to be a way to tell what is in the AI's pass vision. (Maybe and just MAYBE there needs to be a pass vision cone like there was in Madden years back. This way you can actually see what the the "pass vision" rating is doing in real time. (Lebron's vision cone would cover the majority of the half court and someone like a tristan thompson would allow you to pass one pass away) If implemented there should be an option to turn this off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
The defense in this year's game Is beyond trash. The A.I. defenders is to unrealistic to take this game serious anymore.
it completely kills the user's experience. the defense seems so elementary this year that it would be something out of a 90's live game. i mean, the advanced stuff from scott is great, but it really means nothing with all of the problems that are there in the first place.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #37
Rookie

Can somebody explain to me why the hands slider affects this? What if we lower computer "pass accuracy," and player" play the passing lane" tendency? yellzstar simworld sliders have the computer close shot tendency way down and it plays pretty well. Its just with the moving picks that the center uses to push your defender into the pain, the computer jacks 3s at a 60% clip.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
Defense on 2K17 is by far the worst in the series, period. Last update? I was improving massively and now it's back to the way it was.

CPU still spamming the paint but playing slower meaning every PG isn't pushing the ball. 90% of their points are in the paint and it's pissing me off. Tired of the CPU having advantages. All of your teammates are idiots. The CPU isn't. None of your teammates contest shots, try to deflect passes or do anything. I usually have less offensive rebounds because I am efficient mostly but the CPU is getting as many offensive rebounds as I do defensive (mine are always 40 or more). It's getting ridiculous with my teammates. Most of the steals in the game is because of me not my teammates. 2K16 wasn't like this and you didn't have brain dead AI teammates.

I do play now mostly and it's bad. Also, fastbreak is also the worst I have ever seen. Same thing with the CPU. They always catch you or when you start the break your teammates don't even try to go to the paint, they seem to drift to the perimeter or in the pinch post. They are literally scared like there are black widow spiders or cobras in the paint.

Offense except fastbreak is fine with this game but they need to concentrate on the ****ing defense, seriously. It's not fun to play defense. I have to control all of the players but I usually do man to man but I have to do everything because the CPU will somehow find the open man. Tired of this ****. I am fuming. The defense (your teammates always) is the worst in a 2K game and it needs to be fixed ASAP. I don't care about these shooting tweaks. 2K17 is not simulation whatsoever. I can't imagine how cheesy it is on PNO and I don't want to find out. CPU cheese is pissing me off and it needs to be fixed soon. It's one thing to want a challenge with the difficulties but it's one where you have no advantages.

P.S. I am also tired of the D and F grade shooters lighting me up and you contesting any shot will go in. Play all the defense you like but it goes in. The same shots you do will not. I didn't believe in scripts but this game seems to be scripted. No amount of defense is going to help. It's atrocious. The CPU does what it wants and it's going to continue. They are in love with ISO and feeding the paint. I rather have the out of the box gameplay where everyone was pulling up for 3. I am better at perimeter defense than this invincible paint **** the CPU can do 24/7 and you can't do much about it. I had enough. I will play this weekend to see if this latest update is any good but it's not fun. Seems like every time I turn my PS4 on I have to relearn the game because of all the silly changes. 2K18 has to fix all of these problems because I might not be able to bare it much longer.

Sorry for the rant but this had to be said and Sam Phan's defensive settings aren't moving the meter either. You're better off having it on Auto. Doesn't change a thing. **** this defense in this game. It's the worst. You're lucky to get the CPU down to 48% FG but they usually are 50-60%. It's ridiculous.
I think the problem with defense boils down to A.C.E. the settings don't stick so you never know what's going on or what scheme the D is in. The defensive Settings stick, but not the A.C.E. whether it is on or off. So there in lies the problem the ACE AI is doing a myriad of things that does not compute. I have my ACE on just to watch the changes that go on and off in an instant, this is why I think when you're on Defense the AI teammates will stop, start, stare and do nothing. When I have ACE set to on and I check it, It will sometimes have every option selected on both pages and focus on 4 stars and 5 seconds later it changes to something else and then 10 seconds later it's nothing. ACE is so random and a bug riddled mess. Until they can get a handle on ACE, yes it is a dumb defensive game because they are being asked to do 40 different things at once and they don none of them well.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 10-07-2016 at 08:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »