Home

Why Patches and Updates put 2k in a lose-lose situation (Great Read)

This is a discussion on Why Patches and Updates put 2k in a lose-lose situation (Great Read) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 12:42 AM   #9
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why Patches and Updates put 2k in a lose-lose situation (Great Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
Two hours in the park, not a fan of this latest update at all. Add to that defense feeling slower and less responsive, and just bad input lag I'm general. Not a good experience. Wish it hadn't been changed. Too many bad shots were being rewarded imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking this is temporary. Mike said a couple times this is a "Hotfix/Bandaid" until the patch comes for the shot meter glitch. I'm hoping that once the meter is fixed he'll knock it back to the first update. The percentages were fine with that, but ultimately I think the shot meter made a lot of guys brick more than they should have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-07-2016, 12:51 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I played a lot of online games when online gaming first appeared with quake 3 arena, doom, cod and so on. I played against the best in Europe and I did it for quite some years. I can tell that e-gaming took a very weird path. I can't understand how people can play online with a joystick and playing online sport games like a basketball one. It's crazy to think. This is a offline game and should never never be online. If you want to play with another human, you invite friends and you play together as we used to do before. If you want to play online, play FPS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 01:49 AM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I think 1 of the big issues too is there are a lot of fools that play this game that think they know the game, and say they want realism, but then when the devs do make it realistic as possible, then those people complain about it, saying oh there are too many fouls, or there is too many turnovers, I lose the ball everytime I drive in the paint. If your going to call your game a basketball simulation, they it needs to be as realistic as they can possibly make.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #12
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I think 1 of the big issues too is there are a lot of fools that play this game that think they know the game, and say they want realism, but then when the devs do make it realistic as possible, then those people complain about it, saying oh there are too many fouls, or there is too many turnovers, I lose the ball everytime I drive in the paint. If your going to call your game a basketball simulation, they it needs to be as realistic as they can possibly make.
I'm with you , but a majority of the people don't actually want realism. They think they do, which is why they have signed up to Operation Sports, but they really don't. People don't even want timed layups. THey expect their defense to be perfect with no opener shooters, which doesnt even happen in the NBA. They expect to make every wide open shot, which also doesnt happen in the NBA. If a player is rated 99, and has a certain archtype (like Relentless Finisher) then that player has to be inflable. Nobody actually wants realism. They speak about it, but when its actually implemented, then the story changes.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #13
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Kind of off topic . But has there been an ETA for the patch to fix my career/park/pro am? A lot of stuff doesn't work correctly lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-07-2016, 10:33 AM   #14
Pro

As a person that has hooped on every level but the pro level (injuries) I think i can say accurately what real basketball is like, and why 2K really isn't even close.

Contested shots go in a lot more in real life than they do in a game.

A shot contest bothers some players a lot more than others and isn't properly replicated in 2K.

The distance for counting as a contested is much closer in real life.

Hands up d in real life isn't a very good contest on even on a half way decent shooter like it is in the game

Beating someone off the dribble is as easy as getting a step on a guy in real life. This is not the case in 2k

Help defense is much more intelligent in reality vs how 2k replicates it.

These are all things that really hold this game back from being a complete simulation game. You can mostly blame the online community for that one. Things have to be put in place to stop cheesing. That's why the people who want sim are the ones really losing right now.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #15
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
As a person that has hooped on every level but the pro level (injuries) I think i can say accurately what real basketball is like, and why 2K really isn't even close.

A shot contest bothers some players a lot more than others and isn't properly replicated in 2K.

Hands up d in real life isn't a very good contest on even on a half way decent shooter like it is in the game

Beating someone off the dribble is as easy as getting a step on a guy in real life. This is not the case in 2k

These are all things that really hold this game back from being a complete simulation game. You can mostly blame the online community for that one. Things have to be put in place to stop cheesing. That's why the people who want sim are the ones really losing right now.
Very well said, sir.

A friend of mine (Fred Perry for anyone wanting to check authenticity of my statements) hooped as a pro in Italy and prior to that was a standout in university. Long story short - hahaha, everything Dionne said. Hand up = money. Half a step = free to do w/e he wanted. Lockdown defenders are so rare in the league and playing with a guy like Fred, who was actually a good defender also, exhibited just how important ball movement on the offensive end is and team defense on the other side is. It's just the way an organized group of superstar athletes who've likely been playing their entire lives play ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014

The main thing in terms of realistic basketball shooting that has to be better implicated is the Contest on a Gather vs Contest on Release.

At the elite levels of basketball contesting on the release has very little effect on jump shots taken by slightly above average to great shooters, it's the contest on the gather that plays the biggest role in whether a shot is going to have less accuracy than usual. Look at the video called "Ones" in the first page and you'll see how contest on the release doesn't mean nearly as much as contest on the gather of the jumpshot. Even the defenders in the video know that when the offensive player creates just enough room to get the gather of their jumpshot started cleanly, the contest on the release won't really bother them on a consistent basis. In order for this to be implemented correctly 2k has to improve the footplanting and all around locomotion for defenders in order to be greatly rewarded or greatly punished for being able to correctly or incorrectly guess the rhythm and timing of your offensive opponent both during dribbling and gathering of shots.

I adjust this is in my offline sliders to better replicate NBA defense but 2k needs to tune this for the default online mode sliders.

Last edited by jxelite2430; 10-07-2016 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »