Home

Why Patches and Updates put 2k in a lose-lose situation (Great Read)

This is a discussion on Why Patches and Updates put 2k in a lose-lose situation (Great Read) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why Patches and Updates put 2k in a lose-lose situation (Great Read)

2K needs to patch something completely unrelated to gameplay. they need to fix their damn startup there is no reason i should have to take out my disk and attempt to play until it always works on the 3rd attempt
Old 10-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #18
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

One thing I've been throwing around for Madden is the idea of an "esports mode" that essentially removes all dice rolls, but I don't see how it's feasible.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxlogo
2K needs to patch something completely unrelated to gameplay. they need to fix their damn startup there is no reason i should have to take out my disk and attempt to play until it always works on the 3rd attempt
Please stay on topic, there are other threads for your problem
Old 10-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #20
MVP

I am sure that this would create two seperate sets of unsatisfied customers.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I am sure that this would create two seperate sets of unsatisfied customers.
Explain why, don't just come in and post an opinion without bringing up examples of how you came to your conclusion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 04:39 AM   #22
MVP

The game has flaws that are not only slider related. Biggest problem is that EVERY game has fundamental flaws that 2k decides to fix by doing a sloppy patch

Examples.. Last year every shot was considered contested if a player was even NEAR the shooter, just by running towards the shooter. Also, PnR Defense was again broken. So almost everyone in 5 on 5 started playing zone.

2k Fix? Break Zone defense Stamina system so your players stamina would drain to 60 after 2 mins.

Problem b) Half court inbound leading to constant fast breaks

2k fix? Players will be grabbed and bumped to stop fast break without a foul being called this year.

This year passes in the paint are VERY easy to perform. PF and C just switch passes until one of them dunks

Will these problems be solved by any "slider set"?

The problem is that the game has fundamental flaws in gameplay mechanics.

As long as these flaws remain, there will always be people that will exploit, even in 'sim" set, or "casual" set

These are not slider issues. Even some of them that seem to be, they are really not. I have no issue shooting 30-35% from 3s, but I really hate when my shot is considered BAD, because a defender is running really late towards me. This is rewarding bad defense.

Is this sim because shot % is lower, or casual because even if I executed a perfect play and got a wide open shot, a bad defender started very late to run towards me to be in 3 ft radius to consider my shot a "contested one" rewarding the bad defender?

We keep finding excuses for 2k, blaming community for everything.

Thing is that game between 2k15 and now has VERY limited gameplay changes. In my eyes it could be considered the very same game, with updated stats, new face scans, and slightly different set of sliders
Old 10-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

I agree and well mostly disagree with OP because this game is a Basketball Simulation, that's that. Basketball doesn't have casual stuff in. Basketball isn't fun because it has casual stuff in. Basketball is fun in real life because it's fun game of sports. And it has every other realistic thing in it as realistic as it can get. So the way the game gets more realistic the more it will be fun, believe me!

Besides that NBA 2K has its difficulty levels already. Balancing the gameplay is different than all these parameters. It's about balance so good input good decsions no matter what difficulty level have to be rewarded and vice versa.

So as this is a game of Basketball simulation one can only want this game to produce realistic and balanced gameplay on everywhere.

2K has already got MyPark in which you can do everything for more casuals. As the years passed and generations changed people became more selfish and that's why Park with one player control is always gonna be for more casuals and 2k can do anything to please them over there but when things get on court and "5vs5 Game On" then all it can be is the realistic as it can get for basketball feel.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
The game has flaws that are not only slider related. Biggest problem is that EVERY game has fundamental flaws that 2k decides to fix by doing a sloppy patch

Examples.. Last year every shot was considered contested if a player was even NEAR the shooter, just by running towards the shooter. Also, PnR Defense was again broken. So almost everyone in 5 on 5 started playing zone.

2k Fix? Break Zone defense Stamina system so your players stamina would drain to 60 after 2 mins.

Problem b) Half court inbound leading to constant fast breaks

2k fix? Players will be grabbed and bumped to stop fast break without a foul being called this year.

This year passes in the paint are VERY easy to perform. PF and C just switch passes until one of them dunks

Will these problems be solved by any "slider set"?

The problem is that the game has fundamental flaws in gameplay mechanics.

As long as these flaws remain, there will always be people that will exploit, even in 'sim" set, or "casual" set

These are not slider issues. Even some of them that seem to be, they are really not. I have no issue shooting 30-35% from 3s, but I really hate when my shot is considered BAD, because a defender is running really late towards me. This is rewarding bad defense.

Is this sim because shot % is lower, or casual because even if I executed a perfect play and got a wide open shot, a bad defender started very late to run towards me to be in 3 ft radius to consider my shot a "contested one" rewarding the bad defender?

We keep finding excuses for 2k, blaming community for everything.

Thing is that game between 2k15 and now has VERY limited gameplay changes. In my eyes it could be considered the very same game, with updated stats, new face scans, and slightly different set of sliders
One thing people have to realize is that at the end of the day it is a videogame. It will never be perfect, that's why you focus on the things that are most realistic which are locomotion, animations, fluidity, and tuning the variables of basketball such as shooting, stamina, etc that make it most realistic. Having separate servers won't make it perfect for everyone but it will allow players to choose a server that will most replicate what they want not exactly replicate what they want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »