Home

Online play is so bad

This is a discussion on Online play is so bad within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 03:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Online play is so bad

Game i just played felt like playing on Rookie

Trash
Old 10-07-2016, 04:03 AM   #10
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by minwager
Im pretty sure op is talking about play now/proam and not park, and i agree that the difficulty in those modes should maybe be adjusted, its just a liiiitle bit too casual playstyle the way it is now

Park is in a good spot imo, its meant to be more of an arcadey mode (except for speed boosting and other cheese, that stuff should not be in the game)
He was talking about MyTeam. Also Ive yet to see 3s drop when defended well. People are making & missing what they are suppose too.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:11 AM   #11
Rookie

minwager's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
He was talking about MyTeam. Also Ive yet to see 3s drop when defended well. People are making & missing what they are suppose too.
yeah I meant to type myteam and proam came out for some reason lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 05:17 AM   #12
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm really starting to feel like people are just making excuses for being bad at the game at this point.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #13
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
You'd be surprised. The amount of outrage from the community when shooting was nerfed was insane.. the amount of outrage after it was buffed was minimal. I'm sure that's more of one side just being "louder" than the other but it seems like the bulk of the community is made up of casuals who just want to be legendary shooters anyways so what can ya do?
Exactly..... The my player crowd is huge now. That's why they spent so much time on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #14
MVP

ph33's Arena

I wish I could see videos of people playing and what their gripes are. Because yes, the game has its faults, but I see way more times where it was the player who put themselves in a position to get screwed.

I've played with countless people who say stuff like "How did that not go in!" "Where's my foul!" Well, it didn't go in because it was contested and/or you rushed the shot. And you didn't get fouled because you just can't hurl the ball when 3 people are in front of you and their position was established. Things of that nature.

Not a direct shot at anyone in here, just sort of a general observation from what I've read and seen. So I wish that tuning was done a little more carefully.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #15
Banned

Ok, so I took my 6'9 SS SF to pro am this afternoon for my first pro-am game in 2k17. I basically went to see what the shooting fuss was about, because I'm primarily a career guy.

I ended up shooting 10/20, but it was really 10/15, because as we were up comfortably I tried out some heavily contested shots; the kind everyone seems to be debating on here all the time, and my timing on the contested shots was good, I have the height and I know my shot, and they were never close to going in.

I have all SS HoF badges and the grand badge, combined with a full red court for hotspots, so I can only think that people are confusing late close outs that look like heavily contested shots, for actual heavily contested shots.

I'm pretty sure gameplay vids of all these ridiculous 3's being drained would back that up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #16
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I wish I could see videos of people playing and what their gripes are. Because yes, the game has its faults, but I see way more times where it was the player who put themselves in a position to get screwed.

I've played with countless people who say stuff like "How did that not go in!" "Where's my foul!" Well, it didn't go in because it was contested and/or you rushed the shot. And you didn't get fouled because you just can't hurl the ball when 3 people are in front of you and their position was established. Things of that nature.

Not a direct shot at anyone in here, just sort of a general observation from what I've read and seen. So I wish that tuning was done a little more carefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin095
I'm really starting to feel like people are just making excuses for being bad at the game at this point.

Neither one of you must have read my post. It's not about me being weak or losing. I know it may seem otherwise, but I actually won the game, and only once have I made a thread on this forum as a result of me losing. The problem is how I had to win it. I want to win because I'm better at the game. 2K put emphasis on separating the good players from the bad. I want to win because I took time to master the pro stick and the shot stick. I want to win because I took the time to learn all of the ins and outs of certain freelance systems. I want to win because my post game is nearly indefensible. But no! I have to win because the online sliders are garbage and I have a team full of shooters. And I know that 3s are a huge part of basketball, but the game doesn't even make us work for open shots.

I'm Houston in this screenshot 72% on 3s!!! and over half were terrible attempts. He jumped out to an early 12-2 lead shooting 4/4 from deep and started talking trash. I decided I'd had enough and begun to fire away and blew him out of the water. At one point I'd made 3's on 9 straight trips down. No picks, no set plays, just spammy dribble moves and contested shots. I won this game, not on my skill, but because the game is flawed. Nobody shoots this well. Not even Steph, on his best day is going 13/18. And even if it's possible for a team to get super hot, this is every game!

*Edit: I know some will point out that he missed his next 11 attempts, but he was literally shooting 30 foot contested fadeaways at times.

Last edited by isdatyt; 10-07-2016 at 02:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »