Home

Thoughts on Stamina/Fatigue

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Stamina/Fatigue within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Thoughts on Stamina/Fatigue

What are you guys thoughts on fatigue?

I'm happy that people can no longer play their guys for the entire game, but it seems like guys might get a little too tired now.

I'm in an online league with 8 minute quarters, and dudes like lebron james can only play 21/22 mins per game because he's exhausted.....and that's with no turbospamming

guys with high stamina should be able to comfortably play 24-26 mins of a 32 minute game, that's the equivalent of 36-39 mins in a 48 min game

players stamina only jumps by 4 points during half time. That's a bit unrealistic considering these are world class athletes and they're getting a 20 minute break to rest and drink gatorade.

Anybody have settings that will allow guys to play 24/25 minutes out of 32 instead of 20/21?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Thoughts on Stamina/Fatigue

Yeah this thought has made its way into my mind also....

I'm ending games with young, supreme athletes like Westbrook and Oladipo in the mid 60s for energy.

I am not 100% sure if I am over using them on offense etc. to cause this, but I definitely feel like the recovery after halftime seems off.

8 minute mark in the 3rd (12 min quarters) and my back court are both low 70s......

All this said, I don't see if affecting on court things to a degree that its an issue.

Maybe its just a matter of putting that energy number out of your head, keeping to a realistic rotation and play style and letting the rest take care of itself....?
Old 10-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Yeah this thought has made its way into my mind also....

I'm ending games with young, supreme athletes like Westbrook and Oladipo in the mid 60s for energy.

I am not 100% sure if I am over using them on offense etc. to cause this, but I definitely feel like the recovery after halftime seems off.

8 minute mark in the 3rd (12 min quarters) and my back court are both low 70s......

All this said, I don't see if affecting on court things to a degree that its an issue.

Maybe its just a matter of putting that energy number out of your head, keeping to a realistic rotation and play style and letting the rest take care of itself....?
ive always sat my stars for 20-25 percent of the games, even when you didn't have to

i just dont like my guys being exhausted when they shouldn't, especially with progressive fatigue

i changed the sliders, put fatigue on 42 and stamina on 55 and i still dont see a difference

the fatigue rate is ok i guess, the problem is the recovery
Old 10-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #4
Pro

Changed the sliders:

Fatigue: 46
Stamina 54 (user) / 52 (cpu)

Have a player with 90 stamina. He played 27 minutes of the first 3 quarters (and rested the last 4 of the third). Came into the fourth quarter with 80 stamina.

I was happy with that. The rest of my players with lower stamina ratings obviously faired a bit worse but I felt timeout and half-time stamina recovery were pretty decent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »