Home

POLL: Developers should SKIP NBA2K18 next year to optimize a 2018 release.

This is a discussion on POLL: Developers should SKIP NBA2K18 next year to optimize a 2018 release. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #9
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: POLL: Developers should SKIP NBA2K18 next year to optimize a 2018 release.

They can and do make great improvements from year to year. Skipping a year is unnecessary and not even close to a viable option, many of which already posted.

Sure - they are missing the mark this year, but there is still time. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, the game will have some bugs fixed and we'll get to enjoy the title as we usually do. As frustrated and disappointed as I may be with this year's game so far, I'm far from panic mode. Maybe if in 3 months I don't see changes, but as of now, I'm still hopeful.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not gonna happen.

Also "no more missed layups" ? Do you even watch NBA ? Players miss layups pretty often, even at point blank.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
CONS:

Developers working on the game have to explain to their families why they arent working this year "Well this kid wants THE BEST POSSIBLE NBA2K EVER so we have to take a year off apparently. Sorry honey, we are just going to have to sacrifice this year"
Having a 2 year development cycle doesn't mean the devs get a full year of holidays. They would be still working on the game.

That being said, not gonna happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Durrrtyred's Arena

They should just get more testers and push the release day back to what it used to be.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:17 PM   #13
Rookie

I think they prefer the money. Don't get me wrong some 2k dev guys care about us the users like Mike (beluba) but it's a lot of lost money.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 4

Time wont fix legacy issues. Need a new engine at some point.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGAHEART
Just wanna gauge what my fellow 2K fans feel about this & hopefully as well the 2K dev team chime in their thoughts to consider this.

LET ME BE CLEAR HERE FIRST: Im just a customer / buyer of games so my perspective from 2K which is a business couldnt be any more different. That being said, Im fairly certain the 2K team are legit NBA & basketball fans so for me the way I look at it sooner or later theyre gonna reach a plateau so why not...

DO IT NOW & MAKE THE BEST NBA2K GAME POSSIBLE WITH SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME & RESOURCES MORE THAN EVER?

I think as well if you release NBA2K18 in 2018, its more fitting name-wise obviously

Im gonna break down some pros & cons in my opinion of it & everybody can share their own ideas as well of course so this way we can interact organically & not by hostility because if we are all here this means we care about the franchise & its betterment.

PROS of skipping NBA2K in year 2017 IMO:

1. REVAMPED VISUAL ENGINE - One of constant complaints are bodytypes (especially with 2K18) & faces of some players. A new graphics engine, which Im sure 2K can & has resources to within 2 year development cycle, would solve this. More accurate motion captures, faces, bodytypes, ARMS & LEGS, etc. will be most welcome indeed.

2. MOST CUSTOMIZABLE NBA2K EXPERIENCE EVER - With 2 year dev time, they can now solve the HEADBAND PROBLEM that plague the PS4 Xbone versions. CREATE A TEAM outside of MyLeague is now back with beefed up options such as custom mascot, ball, referee uniform, etc. We can now do tattoos on Create a Player. Speaking of CAP gone are the days of unimpressive system, but 2K brings in their WWE2K level of robust creation suite in NBA2K.

3. MOST AUTHENTIC, IMMERSIVE & REALSTIC GAMEPLAY EVER - Patch days are over. Adjust in-game tuning system to your liking with signnificant differences between Pro & Hall of Fame difficulties. No more cheeses & glitches. NO MORE NAMELESS GENERIC COACH IN HUDDLES. Turn off shot meter system forever & make it skill / timing based if you want. No more missed layups. No more CPU god-like in passing lanes as they steal the ball. THUNDEROUS DUNKS ARE LEGIT THUNDEROUS. Kobe 2009-2010 team, Barkley teams, C-Webb Kings, Miller Pacers, J-Kidd Nets, etc. Stuff like this.

CONS:

1. 2017 Draft rookies will only be available via roster update.

2. Trades would be DIY since 2K wont do it as theyll be busy.

3. Thats it I guess I mean if we want the best 2K possible we gotta wait & be patient right guys? I guess for 2Ks part they wont be able to sell a new game but they can always add paid DLC college teams some guys reallly want.

Thats it for me guys thoughts on this everyone.

*~*

No, because you're putting a lot of trust in 2K. They had a year with 2K17 and honestly, in terms of the actual game of basketball, this is a step backwards from a game that still needed work to get the flow of the game right. Players can't shoot, and it's not a skill thing. It's well known shooting is broken right now. Interior passing and defensive switching are a joke right now. Freestyle offense still needs massive work for player movement. The general balance between offense and defense is incredibly off too. The last 2 years 2K put that ridiculous stutter step for your offensive player to try and balance because they can't figure out defense. No player runs at full speed or beats his defender then suddenly stops. It's still there this year but it's not as bad.

I love 2K. It is literally the reason I own a PS4 but I don't trust them to take a year off and keep developing because they're too much in their own bubble to take that much time without outside feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 10:53 PM   #16
Rookie

UNBELIEVABLE.

One one guy (Ziggy) backs this up & half of you said money & would rather settle for roster updates than...

TRUE GIANT LEAP FOR NBA2K18 ON YEAR 2018.

Dont you want better & accurate faces, bodies, arms, legs, etc.?
Dont you want headbands?
Create Teams outside of MyLeague?
Custom ball, mascots, referees, etc.?
Kobe 2009-2010 teams?
Barkley teams?
C-Webb teams?
Miller teams?
J-Kidd teams?

No wonder this Day 1 Patch Gen of Newbies LOVES DLC & SEASON PASS & CUT CONTENT.

Inside of supporting this cause so maybe, JUST MAYBE, the devs wake up & legit improve the game rather than year to year shortcomings not mention the obvious bugs & glitches, some of you defend this act.

You know more I want? FSP VIEW in NBA2K like they did with NFL2K5. What else? Coach Mode. Fan Mode. A LEGIT NO NONSENSE MYCAREER WHERE YOU START FROM HIGHSCHOOL BECAUSE IRL THATS HOW ALL NBA CAREERS STARTS. Tons of legit revolutionary sports games ideas that will be forgotten because some of you doesnt think outside the box & content with same old thing every year.

So this is the legit color of 2K fanbase, huh...

Im a videogame guy since PS1 era so I predate most of you & let me tell you something cool to think about: INNOVATION IN VIDEOGAMES LEADS TO TOTAL DOMINATION.

NBA2K dominates because it innovated BEFORE which killed NBA live. MyCareer is one of those now FIFA guys copy it. But why stop there when you know you can do more right. Now if we sit & be complacement & get spoonfed same ol same ol each time then whats the point?

Roster updates? LOL.

We all know they can easily do that in patches so why not sweat it & do that for timebeing with 2K17 & legit superfocus for 2 years to release 2K18 in 2018. THIS IS MY POINT & half you defend money smh!

2K money is gonna be alright with WWE games & GTAV anyway so why not do this & if you are legit gamer youd support this instead of being negative with it. Im not, certainly, I want 2K to succeed even more thats why the PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS.

I mean dont you get it guys?

Huh?

HAH!

*~*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »