Home

POLL: Developers should SKIP NBA2K18 next year to optimize a 2018 release.

This is a discussion on POLL: Developers should SKIP NBA2K18 next year to optimize a 2018 release. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #17
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: POLL: Developers should SKIP NBA2K18 next year to optimize a 2018 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGAHEART
UNBELIEVABLE.

One one guy (Ziggy) backs this up & half of you said money & would rather settle for roster updates than...

TRUE GIANT LEAP FOR NBA2K18 ON YEAR 2018.

Dont you want better & accurate faces, bodies, arms, legs, etc.?
Dont you want headbands?
Create Teams outside of MyLeague?
Custom ball, mascots, referees, etc.?
Kobe 2009-2010 teams?
Barkley teams?
C-Webb teams?
Miller teams?
J-Kidd teams?
1. Gamer feedback is a huge part of the process. What if they're working on something for 2 years, then release and gamers hate it? That's a disaster.

2. The issues you brought up are mainly cosmetic. C'mon...headbands? A few body types are off, most (90%+) are perfectly fine. The classic teams? If they could put them in, they'd be in within a few weeks. A year of development isn't necessary. It's obviously a licensing issue.

3. If you don't think the game hasnt made massive improvements, go and play 2K11. That feels like a game made in the 80s.

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 10-07-2016 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
UNBELIEVABLE.

One one guy (Ziggy) backs this up & half of you said money & would rather settle for roster updates than...

Dont you want headbands?
Kobe 2009-2010 teams?
Barkley teams?
C-Webb teams?
Miller teams?
J-Kidd teams?

No wonder this Day 1 Patch Gen of Newbies LOVES DLC & SEASON PASS & CUT CONTENT.

Inside of supporting this cause so maybe, JUST MAYBE, the devs wake up & legit improve the game rather than year to year shortcomings not mention the obvious bugs & glitches, some of you defend this act.

You know more I want? FSP VIEW in NBA2K like they did with NFL2K5. What else? Coach Mode. Fan Mode. A LEGIT NO NONSENSE MYCAREER WHERE YOU START FROM HIGHSCHOOL BECAUSE IRL THATS HOW ALL NBA CAREERS STARTS. Tons of legit revolutionary sports games ideas that will be forgotten because some of you doesnt think outside the box & content with same old thing every year.

So this is the legit color of 2K fanbase, huh...

Im a videogame guy since PS1 era so I predate most of you & let me tell you something cool to think about: INNOVATION IN VIDEOGAMES LEADS TO TOTAL DOMINATION.

NBA2K dominates because it innovated BEFORE which killed NBA live. MyCareer is one of those now FIFA guys copy it. But why stop there when you know you can do more right. Now if we sit & be complacement & get spoonfed same ol same ol each time then whats the point?

Roster updates? LOL.

We all know they can easily do that in patches so why not sweat it & do that for timebeing with 2K17 & legit superfocus for 2 years to release 2K18 in 2018. THIS IS MY POINT & half you defend money smh!

2K money is gonna be alright with WWE games & GTAV anyway so why not do this & if you are legit gamer youd support this instead of being negative with it. Im not, certainly, I want 2K to succeed even more thats why the PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS.

I mean dont you get it guys?

Huh?

HAH!

*~*
Chill dude - you sound stuck up right now - no one is below you because they don't agree with your opinion. And that's that. I agree with what most of the others have said. They all have logical arguments. No one is bringing down someones opinion - just sharing their own.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #19
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
UNBELIEVABLE.

Dont you want headbands?
Kobe 2009-2010 teams?
Barkley teams?
C-Webb teams?
Miller teams?
J-Kidd teams?

No wonder this Day 1 Patch Gen of Newbies LOVES DLC & SEASON PASS & CUT CONTENT.

Inside of supporting this cause so maybe, JUST MAYBE, the devs wake up & legit improve the game rather than year to year shortcomings not mention the obvious bugs & glitches, some of you defend this act.

You know more I want? FSP VIEW in NBA2K like they did with NFL2K5. What else? Coach Mode. Fan Mode. A LEGIT NO NONSENSE MYCAREER WHERE YOU START FROM HIGHSCHOOL BECAUSE IRL THATS HOW ALL NBA CAREERS STARTS. Tons of legit revolutionary sports games ideas that will be forgotten because some of you doesnt think outside the box & content with same old thing every year.

So this is the legit color of 2K fanbase, huh...

Im a videogame guy since PS1 era so I predate most of you & let me tell you something cool to think about: INNOVATION IN VIDEOGAMES LEADS TO TOTAL DOMINATION.

NBA2K dominates because it innovated BEFORE which killed NBA live. MyCareer is one of those now FIFA guys copy it. But why stop there when you know you can do more right. Now if we sit & be complacement & get spoonfed same ol same ol each time then whats the point?

Roster updates? LOL.

We all know they can easily do that in patches so why not sweat it & do that for timebeing with 2K17 & legit superfocus for 2 years to release 2K18 in 2018. THIS IS MY POINT & half you defend money smh!

2K money is gonna be alright with WWE games & GTAV anyway so why not do this & if you are legit gamer youd support this instead of being negative with it. Im not, certainly, I want 2K to succeed even more thats why the PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS.

I mean dont you get it guys?

Huh?

HAH!

*~*
It's not happening. Not only is it a poor business strategy, it doesn't solve any of the current issues with 2K17 OR any of the legacy issues with the 2K series in general. For every new thing or fix you're proposing for 2K18, that new thing or fix has the high likelihood of messing up something else.

I work in databases, website design, and coding; let me tell you, adding new things almost always has an unintended/unanticipated effect somewhere else. No matter how clean you make the code, no matter how flawless the implementation, there simply isn't any way to know how it'll actually be until it goes live. Even extensive beta testing won't source out all the potential issues, simply because of variables you can't account for in a testing environment.

Your proposal, though well-meaning, is never going to happen. 2K has an absolute stranglehold on the basketball video game world and EA will likely never regain the share of the market that they've lost with their successive (and very public) failures of products over the last few years.

The risk is far greater to 2K than the reward if they take a year off. If something goes wrong in the development or a key glitch isn't uncovered before launch, 2K will have done significant damage to its brand -- and ceded the market back to EA. In this scenario you've proposed, EA will jump on the opportunity to launch ahead of 2K and establish themselves again.

Now, if 2K moved the release back to mid/late October and did away with September releases, that would be a much better solution. This was a short and rough development cycle for the 2K dev team and I feel like giving them that month back would benefit everyone -- from the team, to the product, and us, as the customers.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm an Atari 2600 guy, so I probably predate you, too ... and it means absolutely nothing to this discussion, my argument, or the world in general. FYI.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:41 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

This isn't going to even be discussed with 2K or the NBA for that matter because of money.

Hypothetical scenario: I am the CEO Visual Concepts, company that owns 2K. And I am called into a meeting to discuss why we should take a year off with this series and me lose a % of $500M that this game makes. Oh so we can make an extra couple million, yea that's not gonna work for us. I would much rather take the 500M we would get for our 2K18 game and then make a 2K19 that will get us around or more than the 500M we just got for previous release.

Also here's another reason why this will never happen. The NBA WILL NOT allow for it to happen. They want a game released to coincide with every season and every year for that matter.

Also the reason why we don't have guys like Barkley, Miller, Webber, Kidd is that they don't want to be in the game. Taking a year off isn't going to change that. From previous reports Barkley doesn't want the NBA to profit off his likeness because of how they treat their retired players (it ain't good). Miller wants too much $$$ and the same is true of Webber. And I have no idea why Kidd doesn't want to be in the game as a player.

On to the bugs & glitches part, please tell the last game that didn't have ANY bugs & glitches, go ahead I'll wait.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:14 AM   #21
Rookie

This is the dumbest thread i've ever seen. too many live fanboys around trolling these days. those people didnt go anywhere they just settled with 2k17 and cried abt it by making stupid demands every time they get annoyed

Last edited by lordfr33; 10-08-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 12:28 AM   #22
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Sorry I'm sort of off topic. But do you all remember the game NBA Inside Drive by Microsoft studios? That game was ahead of its time back in the day. Such a highly smart game.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:20 AM   #23
Rookie

Hopefully live 17 has better graphics. I'm not really impressed with the graphics in 2k17.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 05:34 AM   #24
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

Been buying 2K for years..... but honestly, this is my last one. These clowns have released the worst version of the game I have ever seen.

I still can't play my PG save after nearly a week...... I am not turning the game on until it's fixed.

All the idiots that have their save get corrupted, then go on to spend another $50 to make another character......... YOU GUYS HAVE RUINED THIS GAME!

2K will never fix the issue if people are prepared to be so stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »