Home

THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED

This is a discussion on THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED

Btw no disrespect to 2k devs, except the passing and its ofcourse bad side effects i have no other problem with the game and i'm enjoying a lot of gameplay aspects just as it's out of the box state after latest tune by Mike all good except just this.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

If Mike trusts our opinion enough to make changes based on our feedback, that comes with some responsibility.

Folks say 'this is the worst thing I've every experienced', it gets changed, then say 'It was perfect before'

Thats why I always encourage putting thought behind feedback and being specific. You take the stance 'They should just know'....expect things like this.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #19
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If Mike trusts our opinion enough to make changes based on our feedback, that comes with some responsibility.

Folks say 'this is the worst thing I've every experienced', it gets changed, then say 'It was perfect before'

Thats why I always encourage putting thought behind feedback and being specific. You take the stance 'They should just know'....expect things like this.
Your name is in that thread to 24, and i agree with you 100 percent. Haha.You get what you ask for. I cant blame Beluba for this one. The very first negative thread about the prelude was pass speeds. I dont think guys understand how difficult passing is irl. Especially for big guys, and for anyone while moving.

Irl if you have a team full of good passers you will have a great offense.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 10-08-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Exactly what you said!
People come here with all the "general words" as you mentioned and then all one can think is somewhere someplace is really burning you know. So you would most normally react to that and 2k devs are definitely listening and definitely here for us to make it all better but sometimes we should be really clear about the aspects of what's wrong in detail with many repetable outcomes. And most of the time most of the people really can't get quite right what is really lacking, they mostly see outcome from one step before but the real issue could be tied to something else.

I don't know if i'm making myself clear enough but you're definitely right 24th.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #21
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED

The issue was the one particular floating cross-court lob pass animation, pre-patch. That was the ONLY passing problem aside from the fact that they would occasionally throw that same pass animation to someone right beside them.

Aside from that... passing was perfect. I pray they bring the old passing back WITHOUT THAT ONE ANIMATION. THAT WOULD BE PERFECTION.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #22
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Only the overhead passing need a speed boost
Old 10-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #23
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Only the overhead passing need a speed boost
I wish there was a video of that pass. It may even still be in the game now.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #24
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

I think we're skirting the issue here...passing needed change, the floaty passes were bad. Now did anyone foresee the consequences? Probably not. But yes, pass ratings have to matter more...its even worse online where every inbounds is to half-court and big-to-big passing from two feet to point-blank at the basket is like....a thing.

Post defenders need to improve, pass deflections out of bounds and steals need to increase significantly and the success of big-to-big passing must be rare.....most importantly they're gonna have to bring down the hammer on long passes.

I'm done until its fixed....its a deal-breaker with me at this point.

TJ is right in front of the recipient with his hands up. No deflection out of bounds (which I favor to prevent the game from getting sloppy) no steal...nada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxz-EQq8cFM

Last edited by Kushmir; 10-08-2016 at 01:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »