Home

THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED

This is a discussion on THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED

After playing the HOF Warriors, Cavs, and Clippers. There are really only 3 big issues with 2K17.

1. Passing Accuracy. The passing ratings have to mean something. You can run a pnr with any player and he can throw persicion passes off the dribble. Every forward is passing like lebron, every guard like Paul, and every big like Noah. Watching Bizmack Byombo hit cutters and facilitate from the high block kills the immerson. Its the Montana to Rice issue. How can you defend the perfect pass.

2. Passing Speeds. OS sports is responsible for this BS. Guys on here whined for passes to be sped up and 2k did that. You combine Joe Montana accuracy with Mike Vick velocity and this is what you get. There is no way to defend cutters with these rocket pinpoint passes.

3. We already discussed off ball defenders.

Would lowering pass speed and accuracy for the non elite passers cure most of the defensive issues?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 10-08-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: THE PASSING IS KILLING THE REALISM. ACCURACY AND SPEED

They have to balance it with the court being so small too. You have to be able to pass to get open shots and its so crowded.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Agree, while it was too slow and some passes just felt completely unnatural prepatch its now way too fast. This is another proof that they do absolutely zero testing after patching, tuning or whatever they change in the game. How can this go through unnoticed?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #4
Pro

I wonder if giving everyone a higher reaction time will help turn of the OP paint passes into turnovers
Old 10-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxmike
They have to balance it with the court being so small too. You have to be able to pass to get open shots and its so crowded.

I would have to disagree. I was able to get open shots before they sped up the passing. I wish they just made the passing like the old tecmo bowl. Some guys could pass fast, and others couldn't. Some guys were accurate and others were not. Keep the accurate turbo passes for Chris Paul, and make Byombo pass slow and inaccurately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
I wonder if giving everyone a higher reaction time will help turn of the OP paint passes into turnovers

I think that the offense and defense should have the same catch/drop animations. I never understood why everyone can catch on offense but on defense no one can catch. If they can't untether the pass and catch animations, then a band aid would be to add two man catch animation interactions like they do with wideouts and defensive backs on football games. Then we could at least swat and poke the passes away.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #6
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

They should have NEVER changed the passing speeds... they ONLY needed to remove that ridiculously slow cross court lob animation.

As far as CPU defender awareness... no; reducing passing speeds and accuracy and/or upping reaction times across the board is not a proper solution as it would be the same kind of blanket fix that has the game in this state now.

Doing those COULD fix the issue but they would nerf fast breaks and explosions even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I would have to disagree. I was able to get open shots before they sped up the passing. I wish they just made the passing like the old tecmo bowl. Some guys could pass fast, and others couldn't. Some guys were accurate and others were not. Keep the accurate turbo passes for Chris Paul, and make Byombo pass slow and inaccurately.

I think that the offense and defense should have the same catch/drop animations. I never understood why everyone can catch on offense but on defense no one can catch. If they can't untether the pass and catch animations, then a band aid would be to add two man catch animation interactions like they do with wideouts and defensive backs on football games. Then we could at least swat and poke the passes away.
Agreed they have to untether the passes from the recipients. This is especially noticeable when the AI passes the ball back to the inbounder for a layup. They will give the ball to guy before he is even close to open, a speed boost catch animation will trigger while your defender blanks out for a second, and that is how a center like Robert Sacre can have 20 points on you.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
Pro

Additionally, the current speed of the passes could be tolerated if there were more outcomes on the recipient's end. There needs to be a catch radius of some sort implemented and guys with bad passing skills would pass the ball to the outer fringes (off target passes) and that would allow the defender more time to recover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »