Home

The though-the-body dribble issue

This is a discussion on The though-the-body dribble issue within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 09:09 PM   #17
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
Re: The though-the-body dribble issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I've played with it a bit. Does the slider need to be at 100 or 0 for it to cue proper ball collisions? I couldn't tell a big difference but definitely willing to go back and give it another look.

If I'm remembering right, you'll want to make the slider zero for more ball collisions.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:18 PM   #18
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not sure if it's working that way Mike. I put ball security for the CPU to 0 and mine to 100 and I'm still running into the issue. Honestly, when the game first came out, I wasn't having this problem and the slider settings were on default.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 10-11-2016, 03:57 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man, I didn't want to post more clips but what just happened to me is just unbearable. CPU standing behind me raised his arms through my body to grab the ball in front of my face... really?!? Please make sure you fix this Mike... this is not just ball-body collision anymore.

Last edited by celviano; 10-11-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:09 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by celviano
Man, I didn't want to post more clips but what just happened to me is just unbearable. CPU standing behind me raised his arms through my body to grab the ball in front of my face... really?!? Please make sure you fix this Mike... this is not just ball-body collision anymore.

Cant be fixed, legacy issues. Someone designed it this way. Some years are worse than others. This year is just horrible.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #21
Pro

This is a good thread and it is a real problem. I understand that they most likely can not patch out the clipping but I know for a fact they can make the ball more live and force people and the computer to have to play more cautiously. The problem is the majority of players don't really know how to either play proper basketball or the video game well enough and just turbo around every where dribbling into bad situations. A live ball removes the crutch of poor players.

They have the protect dribble mechanic and combine with good user intelligence and skill would create a very rewarding ball handling experience. Knowing that if you did something stupid you will be punished but if you play smart you will be fine and really separate players skill wise. What they need to do to create balance and a much more sim experience is increase the liveliness of the ball significantly while also reducing the AI stickiness of on ball defense. The computer would be much easier to blow by of the dribble, especially in mismatches which is how it should be but if you attack at the wrong angle or with poor timing there will be a real threat of losing control of the ball. My dream scenario for this game. Skill is supposed to matter more then ever this year. Make it happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #22
Pro

My favorite thread on OS ever!
This has always been an issue as long as I can remember. This combined with sliding all over the court and being picked by your teammates makes defense almost impossible at times.
I like playing D better than anything in the game, i hope they can somehow fix this.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Cant be fixed, legacy issues. Someone designed it this way. Some years are worse than others. This year is just horrible.
I don't expect such weird physics to be gone completely immediately but I think they can tune it down. I noticed game difficulty has been bumped up after recent patches last few days and at the same time such collision issues are much more noticeable. When I reach the play-off, difficulty seems to be bumped up a little more and at this point I just feel quite depressed completing each game in the play-off. Not that I could not win, but the game just turned from challenging basket ball wise to how to avoid such bad collisions as well as how to counter their physics cheating which makes it difficult to enjoy the basketball part of it.

The bad thing is that only the player side is faulty and what make it worse is CPU is trying to take advantage of that. For example, CPU got the majority of their steals not by attempting to steal but by just staying close to my team and as soon as the ball hit their body, it will bounce away and they got a steal. Meanwhile the body of my players are just non existent a lot of time when CPU is holding the ball.

As someone mentioned, maybe that is the only way that CPU can keep the game close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »