Home

The Lie 2k Doesn't Want You To Know About You Mycareer Player

This is a discussion on The Lie 2k Doesn't Want You To Know About You Mycareer Player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #41
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Lie 2k Doesn't Want You To Know About You Mycareer Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
I agree. But I got a 30 pt triple double with myplayer on HOF when I was rated around 60, and many others can. That's why I'm saying it's not a big deal.

One guy on here is averaging 50 pts and 25 rebounds a game on mycareer. Do you think he needs his true rating upped?

Mycareer would be ridiculously easy if they bumped us all up another 20 points.
But that's still an issue, is it not?

I was wondering why I'd play games against friends then hop on my career and wonder why I felt so slow compared to nba players...
"Slow" in general meaning like just not performing anything as well as even lower rated guys lol

I really am disappointed stuff like this is in the game... It's corny.
No, it doesn't effect people who play park because we're all rated lower but the point still remains we're ALL RATED LOWER. They're lying about our overalls now? Lol

And career always gets too easy when you play it for a little and figure out the ways to cheese the CPU. Whether you're a 70 overall or a 98.. you can get yours just put more effort out.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin095
Yeah so whoever said a ld is a 91 or something is completely wrong. I just made one with the max cap attributes for every attribute and he only came out to a 78 overall...
The Overall depends on some things such as height and what the Shot IQ, Intangibles, Offensive Consistency, etc ratings are..

But LD is the highest overall, I made a CAP of a LDD and he's around an 82 maxed out so with practice boost I'm guessing a 95 overall LDD is around a 85?

The lowest overall I've made so far is a max SS at the PG position who was around a 78 overall.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #43
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
The Overall depends on some things such as height and what the Shot IQ, Intangibles, Offensive Consistency, etc ratings are..

But LD is the highest overall, I made a CAP of a LDD and he's around an 82 maxed out so with practice boost I'm guessing a 95 overall LDD is around a 85?

The lowest overall I've made so far is a max SS at the PG position who was around a 78 overall.
Maybe you made yours different because I had all those stats at around 80.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
But that's still an issue, is it not?

I was wondering why I'd play games against friends then hop on my career and wonder why I felt so slow compared to nba players...
"Slow" in general meaning like just not performing anything as well as even lower rated guys lol

I really am disappointed stuff like this is in the game... It's corny.
No, it doesn't effect people who play park because we're all rated lower but the point still remains we're ALL RATED LOWER. They're lying about our overalls now? Lol

And career always gets too easy when you play it for a little and figure out the ways to cheese the CPU. Whether you're a 70 overall or a 98.. you can get yours just put more effort out.
I would call it "strange" and possibly "deceitful" but I wouldn't say it's an issue personally.

I don't feel any slower or worse than the CPU.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #45
Rookie

What do you want a million currys running around putting up 3s naw exactly why they did this

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm surprised people didn't already know this. Last year it was the same. In 2K16 you looked at your stats after a Pro-Am game and your real overall would appear. I remember Stretch Cs had a particularly low overall in comparison to other builds, because the overall undervalued shooting.

Does it really matter though? I mean, anyone who plays modes outside MyCareer knows overall isn't a particularly good measurement of how useful a player is in a game. Overall's just a formula for casuals to lean on and a means of fueling conversation on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I saw a video from someone that said they did that, and found that lockdown defenders were in the low 90s.
Yea, makes perfect sense given On-Ball Def IQ, PnR Def IQ, Help Def IQ and Low Post Def IQ are all maxed on defense. Not sure if it's changed, but in previous games IQs were a means of artificially raising/lowering overall ratings.

Do those defensive IQ ratings have a significant impact on how your player plays when you control the player?

In 2K16 MyTeam I paid particularly close attention to Help Def IQ, because my experience was the CPU would make help mistakes when the rating was below 75.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic

Last edited by iTofu; 10-13-2016 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 10-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #47
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTofu
I'm surprised people didn't already know this. Last year it was the same. In 2K16 you looked at your stats after a Pro-Am game and your real overall would appear. I remember Stretch Cs had a particularly low overall in comparison to other builds, because the overall undervalued shooting.

Does it really matter though? I mean, anyone who plays modes outside MyCareer knows overall isn't a particularly good measurement of how useful a player is in a game. Overall's just a formula for casuals to lean on and a means of fueling conversation on the internet.

Yea, makes perfect sense given On-Ball Def IQ, PnR Def IQ, Help Def IQ and Low Post Def IQ are all maxed on defense. Not sure if it's changed, but in previous games IQs were a means of artificially raising/lowering overall ratings.

Do those defensive IQ ratings have a significant impact on how your player plays when you control the player?

In 2K16 MyTeam I paid particularly close attention to Help Def IQ, because my experience was the CPU would make help mistakes when the rating was below 75.
Yea but last year my "real" overall was higher so...

the problem is these ratings you can't even upgrade unless you do practices and all that and some they don't even explain...there's too much secretive business involved in this thing they want you to spend money on.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #48
Pro

The Lie 2k Doesn't Want You To Know About You Mycareer Player

My 6'8 Slahser with a +5 in every stat came out to be a 85

Edit: I usually have a boost on at all times so that's why I include the boost in the CAP stats
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »