Home

Time to kill the shot meter

This is a discussion on Time to kill the shot meter within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 08:06 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Time to kill the shot meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
It's the main probably with this new age of I need to know now. I want to know why and now. It's crazy. No matter what Mike does now. He will have a large crowd crying. Because it puts people in this state of my green releases aren't going in enough or too much.

Should green go in %100 vs %70 chance. Before the meter there wasn't all these thread popping up about my player missing shots. Here is the thing. Does a player in real life know the ball is going in when he releases it. He's probably 90, 80, 70 % knows. Do you want to celebrate before the shot goes down? Sports is so random.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They could easily solve this hardcore/casual/sim player debate by making us lobbies with settings and sliders that appease us for on-line play.

Also give us the ability to vote on myPark for each court on which settings and sliders to used before we begin the match every time.

Just give us a different W/L record for different categories like they do for other games.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTaylor
They could easily solve this hardcore/casual/sim player debate by making us lobbies with settings and sliders that appease us for on-line play.

Also give us the ability to vote on myPark for each court on which settings and sliders to used before we begin the match every time.

Just give us a different W/L record for different categories like they do for other games.

If you think 99.9% park players will vote for any sim sliders I have a bridge I want to sell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopfor206
If you think 99.9% park players will vote for any sim sliders I have a bridge I want to sell you.

I'd vote for it honestly if people wanted to play it but I rather have an option to do it and not be forced to just play one difficulty and slider all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 08:28 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
I'd vote for it honestly if people wanted to play it but I rather have an option to do it and not be forced to just play one difficulty and slider all game.

As would I But people who visit OS are such a tiny representation of the community.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #37
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree I just want to focus on my shooting form like when playing real basketball I always turn it off anyway
Old 10-10-2016, 08:41 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:

This made me think of halo and the veto system they first introduced with 3. It was ALWAYS the same. Voting just made the game more monotonous. Had to switch it back to just show a mode and play. I feel like in park it would always be arcade settings voted for unless full teams were involved who usually play that way anyways. They need to invite 14 year olds to play this game early rnhave an online beta. The play testers they have try to play a more sim style. They need to find kids who have no shame and only want to win.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 PM   #39
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

My shooting has TREMENDOUSLY improved ever since I have turned off the shot meter last week. I now just study myplayer's jump animation. When I shoot I no longer even need to look at myplayer, just the hoop. I've gone from 30% shooting to 46% in field goals.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #40
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

If they ever get rid of the shot meter I'll just stop playing the game. I don't play MyCareer, so learning the correct release of every player in the NBA to make the game more fun is too much to deal with.

I don't care about green releases, however, but if the actual shot meter goes away completely I'm done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »