Home

playmaker vs sharpshooter

This is a discussion on playmaker vs sharpshooter within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

OVR: 0
playmaker vs sharpshooter

not sure what to go with for my next point guard. can someone break down what the distinct differences in playstyles will be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: playmaker vs sharpshooter

Playmakers can do a little bit of everything but their main strength is their ball handling/passing. I have a 95 ovr playmaker and I love him. I can dunk, shoot the midrange, make off the dribble shots but my three point shot isn't the greatest. Now based on what I've seen in the park sharpshooters are pretty versatile as well but I feel like they rely on a good pass/screen in order to score because they can't really create for themselves. If you manage to get all your hof badges and your grand badge, you can be quite the game changer because you can make every open shot and most contested shots.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Sharpshooter all the way! They dominate in My Park
Old 10-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #4
Rookie

I have a 6'4 Playmaker and is great in speed (94) and handling (94) but he is average at shooting.

I'm going to create a 6'1 Sharpshooter now with 85 in speed and 79 ball control but with max shooting. Let's see how it goes.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Do you wanna be Westbrook or Curry basically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 PM   #6
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

I'm a playmaker (6ft6) and I love how versatile they are. Great slashers because of amazing speed, great finishers, decent shot blocking, explosive powerful dunks, great defense, amazing passing, good rebounding and great FG shooting (jump shot 27). As for 3's, I don't care for shooting 3's, but playmakers are decent 3pt shooters.

Last edited by kobe2theMAX; 10-11-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:29 AM   #7
Rookie

I don't have a sharpshooter.

But as a 6'5 200lbs playmaker, I'm having a blast this year. And so far not even once have I regretted my decision.

I am sure there are others who could say the same about sharpshooter and I respect that. After all, it all comes down to play style and playmaker fits my playstyle perfectly.

On offense, I'm a serious pick&roll threat. HoF p&r maestro badge gives me a huge boost on my shots after using picks. They have to help on those screens or It's an easy midrange jumper. Or an open corridor to the rim thanks to speed. And my passing ratings allow me to change my mind anytime if help comes and I can find the open men with little to no consequences (passes out of layups and dunks rarely miss their targets with such high playmaking ratings). My teammates enjoy my HoF dimer badge grandly too. Heck, even I love it when I play with another playmaker. I feel like I can't miss an open shot when the pass comes from a playmaker.

Compared to same height and weight sharpshooter, my playmaker has about 10 more in speed and acceleration. That's to me indispensable. This agility gain is so valuable that it benefits me in every single possession, defensive and offensive. It makes me a better cutter, better transition finisher, it allows me to lose my man easier and get open on offense. And it makes me a better transition defender, help defender, even rim protector with the vertical 25 agility points give me.

Also I have above 50 3pt% in proam and HoF MyCareer games, and nearly 60 3pt% in park. Which makes me think 90+ shooting ratings might be a bit overkill. That is if you're taking open, high percentage shots. Then 70ish shooting ratings are more than enough.

Here are some my park and proam stats as playmaker:

Last edited by PandaPower2k; 10-12-2016 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added images
Old 10-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #8
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

anything with 90+ shooting is OP go sharpshooter... their good for park, pro-am, 2's, 3's, stage

anything

they also compliment any position you play with

Slasher/Sharpshooter
Playmaker/Sharpshooter
pointforward/sharpshooter
Glass cleaner/Sharpshooter

etc etc

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 10-12-2016 at 09:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »