Home

NBA 2K17 Patch 1.04 Available For PS4, PC, Xbox One - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Patch 1.04 Available For PS4, PC, Xbox One - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #81
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K17 Patch 1.04 Available For PS4, Soon For Xbox One, PC - Patch Notes Includ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Thank you, finally someone on here that is not blind, anyone with common sense know that 2k never list everything in patch notes, the CPU defense has improved, a lot better awareness, shooting percentage is down.
Glad you chimed in to let us know to not be blind. I am on X1 as are a lot others in here. As oppose to that type of comment could you please outline a little more detailed what you are seeing post-patch. It'd be greatly appreciated.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #82
Rookie

dex34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Patch 1.04 Available For PS4, Soon For Xbox One, PC - Patch Notes Includ

Just decided to chime in and say contact and alley packages aren't fixed, everytime I equip them they reset, kinda sucks with me being a slasher
Old 10-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #83
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
Does this also fix the hang/pause from having custom logo's, sometimes when the logo comes up for your team to show stats, the game freezes for a second.
So it's not just me! I assumed this was just the result of my slow hard drive. I've been playing exclusively with expansion teams so it makes sense why I keep seeing it. Yeah I'd love to hear a report on this.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33JAF
I know it is frustrating and disappointing for us offline guys who are waiting for a big gameplay patch, but we have to be patient. I truly believe our gameplay concerns will eventually be addressed, especially given the quick addition of patches so far this year. But you have to understand why things are going in the order that they are. They are going to fix the bugs and glitches first, and then get to gameplay, MyLeague, etc..The money making modes will always have priority, and with the high amount of problems the game launched with, it's going to take some time to address each issue.

I was very hard on 2k when I got 2k17 and I honestly haven't even played that much due to the poor AI, but I've recently come around to understanding that it might take some time for them to figure out how to fix the issues. It's not like they have a magic button to press that fixes things and then they can immediately patch it. Yes, it's disappointing, we all want the game playing to it's potential, but it's not realistic to expect all of our concerns to be patched within a few weeks of release, and the last thing we want is a cheap band-aid fix for things.

I'm not sure exactly when the "big" gameplay patch has come out in the past, but I think it's safe to assume that we will get it right around when the NBA season kicks off, or shortly after.

I have to give credit to the devs for already having put out 4 patches, they are obviously working hard to get things in order, even if the things that you or I want patched have not been patched yet.

Keep hope alive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2016, 10:08 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Game-play wise it feels different and much improved after the patch. I was complaining relentlessly before that whenever I took a jump hook in the paint that it would feel it was a guarantee basket, but not anymore! CPU post defenders seem to be more aware and contest the hook shots better leading to more misses and realistic % of hook shots going in. That was my biggest gripe and I am glad they have addressed this since I felt like it was a cheat knowing my hook shots would always go in pre-patch.

There seems to be more contact in the paint now and the defense in protecting the paint playing against the CPU offline is much improved for the opposing team.

Shooting percentage seems to be lower and at a more realistic % as well post-patch.

For me, the fun is back playing against the CPU now. I stopped playing NBA 2K17 for a bit because it was too easy to score but now I believe that the gameplay is altered for the better.
Couldn't agree more, used to be able to shoot hook shots at about a 70 percent clip, and that's not possible anymore.

I keep forgetting that a lot of these posts are from people on xb1. If you guys play offline, you're going to be pleasantly surprised with how the game feels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #86
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

7 GB for this?
Old 10-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #87
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Glad you chimed in to let us know to not be blind. I am on X1 as are a lot others in here. As oppose to that type of comment could you please outline a little more detailed what you are seeing post-patch. It'd be greatly appreciated.
example, I tried to turbo across the half court and call for 3 charges, my momentum cause this the CPU is not playing off you like before.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #88
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I was pretty happy with the game anyway.

A lot of the complaints come from posters who have 1-2 minor (usually cosmetic) issues who are simply the loudest and post the most. That creates an air of negativity around the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »