Home

Pass-first PG are useless in 2K?

This is a discussion on Pass-first PG are useless in 2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 09:51 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pass-first PG are useless in 2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
You don't really disagree because I don't disagree w/ none of that. I said the only thing that does separate them slightly is badges. But w/ how 2K hands out those types of badges, it makes those types still less valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right I quoted the wrong person. My fault lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 09:51 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

I mean, Rondo isn't a very useful player in real life either...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #27
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Pass-first PG are useless in 2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
I mean, Rondo isn't a very useful player in real life either...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's not really even about Rondo exactly. Let's just say 2008-10 Rondo. Or a player that's just a great passer in real life. They not go really get picked up in 2K because it's not translated well in 2K compared to a shooter or someone that can dunk because that same person can make passes just as well as the great passer IRL besides flashy passes and might throw some balls out of bounds on doubles more compared to the great passer. Nothing you'd worry about when drafting.

Put it this way. Most people looking for a PG in MyGM isn't going to really be focused on his passing ability like that if they know 2K. It's not that important.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-13-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #28
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
So if I put Allen at PG you'll be able to tell the passes are different and less accurate?
Yes.

Do you not see passes that occasionally miss the defender or make them catch it awkwardly? Or passes that take longer to get there?

A player who has ****ty passing rating can make basic, open passes. But Tony Allen isn't going to successfully thread the needle or make longer distance passes. If you're actually trying to play 5 on 5, then I guess you can put whoever at PG but good luck trying to get them to actually play like one or to be able to run an offense.

I assume that you've never tried putting Tony Allen at point guard, but if you don't believe me, go for it...

Quote:
They not go really get picked up in 2K because it's not translated well in 2K compared to a shooter or someone that can dunks because that same person can make passes just as well as the great passer IRL besides flashy passes and might throw some balls out of bounds on doubles more compared to the great passer. Nothing you'd worry about when drafting.
I kind of feel like the bolded matters a lot. And I'm not a flashy passer.

Really, it just sounds like it comes to however people want to play and utilize positions. But at the end of the day we'll just disagree that passing is or isn't relevant in this year's game.

Last edited by ph33; 10-13-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #29
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Yes.

Do you not see passes that occasionally miss the defender or make them catch it awkwardly? Or passes that take longer to get there?

A player who has ****ty passing rating can make basic, open passes. But Tony Allen isn't going to successfully thread the needle or make longer distance passes. If you're actually trying to play 5 on 5, then I guess you can put whoever at PG but good luck trying to get them to actually play like one or to be able to run an offense.

I assume that you've never tried putting Tony Allen at point guard, but if you don't believe me, go for it...

Nope. If you want to talk MyCareer, I've seen players at big man throw the same zippy passes and etc as players w/ 90+ passes. And I've seen those same 90+ passers have floaty passes. If you don't think I can run a offense w/ Tony Allen or someone that doesn't have a high passing rating in 2K at PG. You're fooling yourself.

And you Still haven't showed me where I said ball handling doesn't matter...

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 10-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #30
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Nope. If you want to talk MyCareer, I've seen players at big man throw the same zippy passes and etc as players w/ 90+ passes. And I've seen those same 90+ passers have floaty passes. If you don't think I can run a offense w/ Tony Allen or someone that doesn't have a high passing rating in 2K at PG. You're fooling yourself.

And you Still haven't showed me where I said ball handling doesn't matter...

Ok, you wanna make the conversation strictly about passing and NOT myCareer, then fine, but then you "hate to brag" about how good of a PG you are, go on about how you can run Tony Allen at PG, and ball handling isn't relevant anymore? LMAO

And I don't play quick games, but I would love to see you trot out Tony Allen at PG against quality competition. Please show us your 2k eliteness that you've stated you claim to have.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #31
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Ok, you wanna make the conversation strictly about passing and NOT myCareer, then fine, but then you "hate to brag" about how you can run Tony Allen at PG, and ball handling isn't relevant anymore? LMAO

And I don't play quick games, but I would love to see you trot out Tony Allen at PG against quality competition. Please show us your 2k eliteness that you've stated you claim to have.

Umm. I don't get what you're trying to prove? You said I said ball handling doesn't matter. Where? And what does me saying I hate to brag has to do w/ anything that's proving your point? And again I was talking passing. Boy you don't listen. Yes, on 2K17, I can run Tony Allen or someone else at PG and get assist like I am a Rondo player.

Show you what? That I can get assist w/ Tony Allen at PG lol? I mean anybody that is knowledgable at 2K knows if they put someone like a Tony Allen at PG and decided they want him to run the offense they could pass the ball just like a Rondo.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 10:13 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

I average 30 and 18 with my playmaker pg it's not hard 4 a pass 1st pg 2 be very affective IF your playing bball

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »