Home

Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More

This is a discussion on Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #49
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I have to ask. Is the shooting really that ridiculous on the PS4???

I'm a XB1 user.
In MyPark it gets pretty ridiculous if you run into the right players. Especially if they use a park card. I wish they would tone the effectiveness of those cards or just remove them all together
Old 10-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #50
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Now the question becomes...

CPU defenders leaving guys wide open in the paint. Is this one of the defensive issues being fixed? Smoove did a video on this, as you probably know by now.

I hate having to put Sam Pham's defensive settings in manually every game.
I sure as hell hope so.

If they release a ''fix'' on defense, and this isn't one of the issues fixed, it's time to give up.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:13 PM   #51
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Cool. Im having blast with the game and it can only be helped by minor improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 08:14 PM   #52
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It's never going to happen of course, but looking at Mike's twitter, it's more clear than ever that there really should be at least 2 different 2K basketball games.

In so many people's mind, 90+ 3pt shooting ratings, plus badges, means that 80%+ shooting on open three pointers should be a normal thing.

They couldn't care less about actual NBA statistical norms, they want superhuman video game abilities to rule the day.

I think the NBA 2K fandom is exponentially worse than the Madden fandom in this regard. Not even taking into account the flaws that occur when implementing various gameplay systems, tuning for the 2K customer base is beyond nightmarish.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #53
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Wonder if the constant Double team in MyCareer will be fix soon.

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 10-13-2016, 08:26 PM   #54
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's never going to happen of course, but looking at Mike's twitter, it's more clear than ever that there really should be at least 2 different 2K basketball games.

In so many people's mind, 90+ 3pt shooting ratings, plus badges, means that 80%+ shooting on open three pointers should be a normal thing.

They couldn't care less about actual NBA statistical norms, they want superhuman video game abilities to rule the day.

I think the NBA 2K fandom is exponentially worse than the Madden fandom in this regard. Not even taking into account the flaws that occur when implementing various gameplay systems, tuning for the 2K customer base is beyond nightmarish.
Exactly sir. This will never change. What you just wrote, only a few people here will agree with and that number is getting lower. The sim guys who make this site are fading away. Its becoming more a arcade mentality everyday
Old 10-13-2016, 08:44 PM   #55
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Mike can you confirm that the pass speeds and defensive fixes will come in a tuner update too and not a patch?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 08:54 PM   #56
Just started!

OVR: 0
Can we get a fix for online matchmaking? The duplicate team matchups are annoying. I hate picking the Knicks only to matched up with another opponent who picked the Knicks also for example. Or at least give us the option to back out of the menu if we find ourselves in that situation....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »