Home

2K What's Really Going On?! Is It Shooting Or Maybe Shot Contest Recognition?

This is a discussion on 2K What's Really Going On?! Is It Shooting Or Maybe Shot Contest Recognition? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2K What's Really Going On?! Is It Shooting Or Maybe Shot Contest Recognition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
I will say it a million times. The game runs on rails, if you move off those rails the game doesn't recognize your defense. Evidence is magnetic defense and the sliding. You touch a screen/pick and the game says open uncontested shot.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=FTKGe-_L8vY

This game in a nut shell. That's why defense is broken. Game is not as deep as most think. It's very simple. We are still running off old tech with band aid fix.

Tin foil hat theory

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Completely off subject. Loved that presentation and i believe i remember watching that back in time, it shows how great ea is marketing with words and ooos but here we're.

On topic you may be right on the level old tech about 'movement animation of 2k' because as Devs like DaCzar mentioned in his various streams (which are "must watch" for every simhead) The ai is ahead of the animation and movement so we don't really understand visually what's really going on underneath.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 10:13 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: 2K What's Really Going On?! Is It Shooting Or Maybe Shot Contest Recognition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Completely off subject. Loved that presentation and i believe i remember watching that back in time, it shows how great ea is marketing with words and ooos but here we're.

On topic you may be right on the level old tech about 'movement animation of 2k' because as Devs like DaCzar mentioned in his various streams (which are "must watch" for every simhead) The ai is ahead of the animation and movement so we don't really understand visually what's really going on underneath.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I remember czar saying around the time he got hired for 2k. They somewhat enable physics and loose/free floating ball tech(can't think of term at moment) and said it was nothing pretty.

Game still have spacing issues to compensate for bad defense. Quick sand animations to create spacing. What happen to limb detection because outside of user, CPU does what it wants to.

Make the court bigger. Don't care at this point it's one to one, when everyone has force field circles around them they cover more area then what they show on screen.

Make the CPU smarter. Make the CPU smarter. CPU still to this day do not use basketball tactics to compete. They play the animation game.

Why in 2016 we still don't have fast breaks.

My question who test this game and who say f it send it out. I could go on and on it I don't have the post count or time to go in and defend.

Truthfully online gaming is the culprit. Trying to produce a sim game while trying to fight cheese, and glitches can't be easy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

I can't make nothing with my stretch big since update 104 unles it's green. Kinda annoying when a rim protector shoots in my mouth while I can't even make two straight wideeeee open shots smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »