Home

On ball defense tips?

This is a discussion on On ball defense tips? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 11:53 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: On ball defense tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Yeah. The only thing about Turbo is that if you commit and slide a bit the wrong way you may have to quickly sprint back (without touching LT/L2) to contest a shot or something. It's a tricky game to play and everyone online opponent is different...
Agreed. On 16 I was great on defense. On 17 the quickness of the point guards, and the incessant sliding is real hard. I know the fundamentals. I only press square when the ball is tangible. Unlike my oppents who reach in foul me every possesion smh.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: On ball defense tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhead23
Agreed. On 16 I was great on defense. On 17 the quickness of the point guards, and the incessant sliding is real hard. I know the fundamentals. I only press square when the ball is tangible. Unlike my oppents who reach in foul me every possesion smh.
Yeah. I'd say 98% of random online games the user either doesn't know how to play proper defense or just doesn't try to. It's rare to play someone who tries to play fundamental defense. It basically ranges from "barely playing D" to the extreme of "you can literally walk into the lane on most possessions".

I found that going for the steal can actually work against some opponents, but you generally have to crowd them at the right time. Sometimes applying pressure actually works because it seems that some opponents start to lose confidence and become really predictable when you apply pressure and play pesky D. I had some success against 2K16's Jamal Crawford (who is basically The Dribble God) and even ripped him a few times. You have to pick and choose your spots to attempt that, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »