Home

NBA Teams on 2K17 WHO PLAY NOTHING LIKE THEIR REAL LIFE COUNTERPARTS

This is a discussion on NBA Teams on 2K17 WHO PLAY NOTHING LIKE THEIR REAL LIFE COUNTERPARTS within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA Teams on 2K17 WHO PLAY NOTHING LIKE THEIR REAL LIFE COUNTERPARTS

Talking strictly about games against the CPU.

My first pick off the top of my head is Memphis. The Grizzlies should be called the Memphis Warriors. Conley with his new signature pullup 3. Parsons playing like he's Paul George. Did I mention they play extremely fast? They are one of the slowest teams in the league. Their arena is called the Grindhouse because of their play style.

Looked up their pace and they are 27 out of 30 at 93.3 in the league last season but on 2K17? They have to be at least 120. Just like previous 2K games, if these teams on these games played like this in real life, watch out!

Honorable Mention: Utah Jazz

Probably the fastest team on the game and I hate Dante Exum, ugh. If he played like that all the time like he does on 2K17 then he would be a top 10 player.

Gordon Hayward has always been a beast on 2K but he's like a top 5 player on this game. He's the worst I've ever seen. Gordon, play like this in real life, bro! The Jazz would be 2nd in the west like many people keep predicting. Dude is unstoppable especially on his invincible cuts that he gets from his 5 screens from his teammates.

Last edited by Hellquist; 10-16-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA Teams on 2K17 WHO PLAY NOTHING LIKE THEIR REAL LIFE COUNTERPARTS

This game has a serious, serious, realism problem. The sixers make the playoffs the first year of myleague almost every time (so we're supposed to believe this team is going to improve 30 something wins in one year with no major free agent signing??). Or how the absurdly stacked warriors can barely crack 60 wins most sims.

The culprit of all these anomalies is because the way stats are generated in myleague is insanely broken. Its why guys like harden average almost a full 300 less fta attempts than in real life or how the sixers will sometimes be top 5 in fg percentage. Its a ****ed up chain. Bad stats lead to a league turned upside down with teams EVERYONE knows suck overperforming and teams everyone know are elite woefully underperforming.

The game is on the edge of being more trouble than what its worth to correct these things. I dont know what motivates these SimWorld guys each year to un**** this game. This game, from a standpoint of portraying a realistic simulation of a teams performance is plain broken.

Last edited by Hengist; 10-16-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist
This game has a serious, serious, realism problem. The sixers make the playoffs the first year of myleague almost every time (so we're supposed to believe this team is going to improve 30 something wins in one year with no major free agent signing??). Or how the absurdly stacked warriors can barely crack 60 wins most sims.

The culprit of all these anomalies is because the way stats are generated in myleague is insanely broken. Its why guys like harden average almost a full 300 less fta attempts than in real life or how the sixers will sometimes be top 5 in fg percentage. Its a ****ed up chain. Bad stats lead to a league turned upside down with teams EVERYONE knows suck overperforming and teams everyone know are elite woefully underperforming.

The game is on the edge of being more trouble than what its worth to correct these things. I dont know what motivates these SimWorld guys each year to un**** this game. This game, from a standpoint of portraying a realistic simulation of a teams performance is plain broken.
I'm player locked as the 76ers, and we shoot over 50% a game, and move the ball like the Golden State Warriors.

The offline version of the game, right now, is awful. I'm waiting for the upcoming patch/tune, whatever the hell they're doing. If they can fix this mess, I'll nominate Beluba for 'gameplay director' of the year.

Otherwise, I'll go back to World of Warcraft, where I have to deal with Brian Holinka - the worst designer on planet earth.

Last edited by Nukleopatra; 10-16-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #4
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
I'm player locked as the 76ers, and we shoot over 50% a game, and move the ball like the Golden State Warriors.

The offline version of the game, right now, is awful. I'm waiting for the upcoming patch/tune, whatever the hell they're doing. If they can fix this mess, I'll nominate Beluba for 'gameplay director' of the year.

Otherwise, I'll go back to World of Warcraft, where I have to deal with Brian Holinka - the worst designer on planet earth.
I got Legion to play over the winter and I lasted 3 weeks. Holinka is absolutely horrible. Had high hopes for 2K17 - losing hope quickly.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #5
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

Quick update: Brooklyn Nets are shooting 62% in the game I'm currently running.

There's not a player on the Brooklyn Nets that can even count to 62.

Last edited by Nukleopatra; 10-16-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
Quick update: Brooklyn Nets are shooting 62% in the game I'm currently running.

There's not a player on the Brooklyn Nets that can even count to 62.
Yeah man I am as close to waving the white flag as I have ever been. I moan on and on about this each year, each freaking year, others too, and nothing ever happens. In game isnt a problem, sliders fix most everything, but a roster that cant accurately portray teams performances in a simulation is a roster that sucks. This is literally the easiest sports league in North America to predict every single year. Parity is almost non-existent, player performance doesnt really widely fluctuate up and down like the NFL, and only like 4 teams are a threat for the title. This should be sooooooo easy to replicate.

Last edited by Hengist; 10-16-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #7
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I wouldn't even have a problem with some games turning out like that, but the problem is that it happens on almost every game and for every team. I haven't had a single game against the CPU where I've shot less than 50% with the exception of the first few weeks when the game came out. Choosing "Real %" doesn't really work either since shot quality doesn't seem to matter, you'll make contested shots and miss wide open ones regularly until the percentages average out and every game ends up pretty much the same no matter what.

Then the awful AI teammates not getting back on D and constantly out of position will always inflate the CPU's percentages. In MyLeague I always end up leading the NBA in shooting percentage and points per game with whatever team and also allowing one of the highest percentages. Every played game turns into a shootout. Playing 11 minute quarters I was averaging about 114 points with the freaking Timberwolves and shooting 55% overall. It feels like every team is running 7 Seconds or Less offense pushing the pace at all times.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
I wouldn't even have a problem with some games turning out like that, but the problem is that it happens on almost every game and for every team. I haven't had a single game against the CPU where I've shot less than 50% with the exception of the first few weeks when the game came out. Choosing "Real %" doesn't really work either since shot quality doesn't seem to matter, you'll make contested shots and miss wide open ones regularly until the percentages average out and every game ends up pretty much the same no matter what.

Then the awful AI teammates not getting back on D and constantly out of position will always inflate the CPU's percentages. In MyLeague I always end up leading the NBA in shooting percentage and points per game with whatever team and also allowing one of the highest percentages. Every played game turns into a shootout. Playing 11 minute quarters I was averaging about 114 points with the freaking Timberwolves and shooting 55% overall. It feels like every team is running 7 Seconds or Less offense pushing the pace at all times.
Offensive consistency at 25 and all other shooting sliders (except 3point) in the 30s completely solves this. No offense, but fg percentage in game is something that is 100 percent solvable. Defense, yes, well that is very hit and miss....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »