Home

Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

This is a discussion on Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #17
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Yes, I would bet the vast majority of people do not want to sit in a rec center waiting up to 30 minutes for a game to start, for a game that may never start because a player or two on the opposing team left and then the remaining spots take forever to fill for a variety of reasons.

I should have stopped at "waiting up to 30 minutes", 10 minutes of waiting itself is terrible, but you seem convinced that's fine so have a blast.
Again, you are using worst case scenario for these wait times. And from I understand, you don't play MyPark or didn't play JRC enough back in 2K15 to grasp at what I'm getting it.

There is no alternative, that is the point. They took it out and tried to replace it with Walk-On Pro-AM which is a disaster.

And you are so dead wrong about people not playing. If they brought the JRC you think it's just going to be dead? No, it's going to be alive and well like it was in 2K15. You can have fun grinding out 3 on 3 games in MyPark, though.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #18
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Again, you are using worst case scenario for these wait times. And from I understand, you don't play MyPark or didn't play JRC enough back in 2K15 to grasp at what I'm getting it.

There is no alternative, that is the point. They took it out and tried to replace it with Walk-On Pro-AM which is a disaster.

And you are so dead wrong about people not playing. If they brought the JRC you think it's just going to be dead? No, it's going to be alive and well like it was in 2K15.
Uh, I was in the JRC and park a ton in 2k15. These "worst case scenarios" are things that happened on a DAILY BASIS. You are letting your homerism for JRC block you from any opinion or experience that is different. Can you grasp that?

2k doesn't have the resources for an alternative. They can barely keep up with what they already have. Again, it is the same thing. Find people in the park to go with together. It's not that different.

And actually, I have played a total of 18 park games. The rest were pro AM and it's mostly worked for me, I got from all star 1 to 2 fairly quickly.

Last edited by ph33; 10-17-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #19
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

Quote:
Uh, I was in the JRC and park a ton in 2k15. These "worst case scenarios" are things that happened on a DAILY BASIS. You are letting your homerism for JRC block you from any opinion or experience that is different. Can you grasp that?

2k doesn't have the resources for an alternative. They can barely keep up with what they already have. Again, it is the same thing. Find people in the park to go with together. It's not that different.
A daily basis? I had absolutely no problems finding games in the 3rd or start of the 4th quarter.

Go play in the park? It's not that different? The mere fact that you just called it not that different, I can bring to conclusion you didn't play much.

Again, if they brought it back people would play it. Simply because it's a better way to gain rep and it's a lot more fun than grinding out 3 on 3 games. Plus the social experience it brought. It was the total package. And it worked.

I understand you don't like it, that is fine though. I'm not bashing you for disagreeing with me. I am telling you it is fine, you don't have to play it.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #20
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
A daily basis? I had absolutely no problems finding games in the 3rd or start of the 4th quarter.

Go play in the park? It's not that different? The mere fact that you just called it not that different, I can bring to conclusion you didn't play much.

Again, if they brought it back people would play it. Simply because it's a better way to gain rep and it's a lot more fun than grinding out 3 on 3 games. Plus the social experience it brought. It was the total package. I understand you don't like it, that is fine though. I'm not bashing you for disagreeing with me. I am telling you it is fine, you don't have to play it.
You do know that you can find people in the park to squad up with and enter walk on games together right? This is what I have said in my last post but your only response is telling me I didn't play enough. So I just want to make that point crystal clear. "Find people in the park to go with" wasn't me telling you to play more park.

How is that any different from 2k15 where you found people to squad up with and then entered JRC together? Only difference is that you don't have to wait for someone else's game to be done.

The only real difference is that you can't find people in JRC, you have to find them in the park, but I'll pick that over waiting times.

Last edited by ph33; 10-17-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #21
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
People who did not enjoy the Rec Center please refrain from posting. You are derailing the thread from the real topic. I've been on this site for awhile and people on here have turned this NBA 2K forum into cancer.

YOU may not have liked the Rec Center, but there are plenty of people out there who enjoyed it.

Just because YOU did not enjoy it doesn't mean others didn't. People out there who loved the Rec and played it every single day in 2K15 have been looking for an alternative, something with a similar experience.

Walk-On Pro-AM was supposed to be that, but with all it's problems and lacking the social experience the Rec Center brought, it's simply not a substitute.

I would pay DLC for them just to bring the JRC back. There was no other experience like it. There's not an alternative, that's the point.
I really enjoy a vast majority of your posts, but this is not one of them. You realize this is a forum right? A PLACE FOR DISCUSSION... If you'd rather have a singular point without constructive (hopefully) criticism, please put this in a blog.

If your real point is "the Rec was the tops, please share your excellent experiences" then I'd totally understand being irritated that some individuals wanted to ruin a positive post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #22
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

Quote:
You do know that you can find people in the park to squad up with and enter walk on games together right? This is what I have said in my last two posts but your only response is telling me I didn't play enough. So I just want to make that point crystal clear.

How is that any different from 2k15 where you found people to squad up with and then entered JRC together? Only difference is that you don't have to wait for someone else's game to be done.
What's the difference? I would be happily to tell you.

Here is a representation of what currently happens.

Load NBA 2K17.
***Loading Screen***
Go to MyCareer
***Loading Screen***
Joins friend's park from MyCareer
***Loading Screen***
Get into a squad of let's say 3-4 people.
Go to Walk-On Pro-AM Entrance
***Loading Screen***
"Oh crap, only three of our four guys made it. But the game hasn't started so let's quit out"
***Loading Screen***
Okay, back into MyCareer. "Hey join my MyCourt, we can just load into it from there instead of joining from MyPark"
***Loading Screen***
Okay, we got our 3-4 guys. Let's start up Walk-On Pro-AM.
***Loading Screen***
(Many times, people will experience another mishap but I will not) Okay we are in here, all of our guys made it. Game is about to start up. Yes, the game finally started!

GAME

We won, great. "Do you want to play again? Y/N. Yes! I want to grind out that rep"
***Loading Screen***
"Shoot I just got a disconnection error."
***Loading Screen back to Main Menu***
Main Menu, go back into MyCareer. Tell other friends to quit out of their game (hopefully it didn't start so they don't get a L).
***Loading Screen***
Join friend's MyCourt to retry.
***Loading Screen***
Get to friend's MyCourt, hope to god this doesn't happen again. Okay, let's start up Walk-On Pro-AM.
***Loading Screen***

How in the world is this a better system than having five people on Got Next spots that can play continuously with eachother without going into Loading Screen after Loading Screen after Loading Screen to achieve basically the same thing?

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #23
Rookie

Dont act like people never got kicked from JRC games either.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #24
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
What's the difference? I would be happily to tell you.

Here is a representation of what currently happens.

Load NBA 2K17.
Go to MyCareer
***Loading Screen***
Joins friend's park from MyCareer
***Loading Screen***
Get into a squad of let's say 3-4 people.
Go to Walk-On Pro-AM Entrance
***Loading Screen***
"Oh crap, only three of our four guys made it. But the game hasn't started so let's quit out"
***Loading Screen***
Okay, back into MyCareer. "Hey join my MyCourt, we can just load into it from there instead of joining from MyPark"
***Loading Screen***
Okay, we got our 3-4 guys. Let's start up Walk-On Pro-AM.
***Loading Screen***
(Many times, people will experience another mishap but I will not) Okay we are in here, all of our guys made it. Game is about to start up. Yes, the game finally started!

GAME

We won, great. "Do you want to play again? Y/N. Yes! I want to grind out that rep"
***Loading Screen***
"Shoot I just got a disconnection error."
***Loading Screen back to Main Menu***
Main Menu, go back into MyCareer. Tell other friends to quit out of their game (hopefully it didn't start).
***Loading Screen***
Join friend's MyCourt to retry.
***Loading Screen***
Get to friend's MyCourt, hope to god this doesn't happen again. Okay, let's start up Walk-On Pro-AM.
***Loading Screen***

How in the world is this a better system than having five people on Got Next spots that can play continuously with eachother without going into Loading Screen after Loading Screen after Loading Screen to achieve basically the same thing?
lol, way to dismiss my opinion by telling me my experiences of "worst case scenario" rarely happened, tell me I didn't play enough, and then present to me your worse case scenario where you chose to type out extra words and symbols to exaggerate everything. I would do the same for JRC but I'm not wasting my time anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »