Home

Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

This is a discussion on Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #33
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Dude you are delusional. 2k15 had way more loading screens and wait times than this ever had but you are just arguing nonsense now, like actually checking what I edited while ignoring my points. and being able to watch the rest of the game after a disconnect is some kind of positive. I'm done ������
I'm not delusional. What you edited is just not well thought out at all, and frankly just hard to read.

The fact that you are putting JRC disconnects (which plagued MyPark, JRC, and Stage, but now for the most part has been fixed) on par with how broken Walk-On Pro-AM is shows just how little you understand wait times for games. I would happily play JRC with my friends and grind it out for rep if I know we'd have to wait 10-15 min for a game (with knowing that you don't have to wait if you win) instead of going through loading screen after loading screen trying to get into a Pro-AM game. There would be nights where my friends and I would be up till 1AM holding a court down, because it was just so damn fun.

The worst part about Walk-on Pro-AM is how it's not suitable for grinding out rep like JRC was. In JRC, when a game got over and there were five people on (which according to you should be 100% of the time due to the "huge wait times"), the game instantly started right there without a need to load into anything.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

The design of 2K17 walk-on is fine.

Its functionality is what's currently the problem. And in time, that functionality is likely to improve.

Once 2K17 walk-on gets to the point where you can reliably bring all 5 squad members into a match, I can't see how anyone could have an issue with the mode, or possibly claim that the got next system with its 30+ minute waiting times was superior.

Quote:
The worst part about Walk-on Pro-AM is how it's not suitable for grinding out rep like JRC was. In JRC, when a game got over and there were five people on (which according to you should be 100% of the time due to the "huge wait times"), the game instantly started right there without a need to load into anything.
If everyone on your team hits the Y button at the end of a 2K17 walk-on match, then you'll go right into the next one.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-17-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #35
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
I'm not delusional. What you edited is just not well thought out at all, and frankly just hard to read.

The fact that you are putting JRC disconnects (which plagued MyPark, JRC, and Stage, but now for the most part has been fixed) on par with how broken Walk-On Pro-AM is shows just how little you understand wait times for games.

The worst part about it is how it's not suitable for grinding out rep like JRC was. In JRC, when a game got over and there were five people on (which according to you should be 100% of the time due to the "huge wait times"), the game instantly started right there without a need to load into anything.
Frankly hard to read because you don't want to admit it. I'll bet you plenty of folks read it and understand the struggle. You simply have no concept of time if you think waiting for a game to finish before you get your turn is faster than jumping in together and playing immediately. Even with the issue of disconnects after the game, games aren't that hard to get started again. And yeah, wait times refer to all the scenarios that may prevent a game from starting, so 2k15 was much worse. It has nothing to do with the volume of people playing, but keep trying to twist my words.

But yeah keep wishing for a mode where you have to wait for another game to be done before you get your turn. If you're ok with that game design there is nothing to discuss anymore. Have a great day.

And I do agree, holding the courts down was fun. But way too many things happened to prevent that from being a regular thing. You can't expect peoples' gaming time to be consumed with lots of waiting.

Last edited by ph33; 10-17-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #36
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

Quote:
Frankly hard to read because you don't want to admit it. I'll bet you plenty of folks read it and understand the struggle. You simply have no concept of time if you think waiting for a game to finish before you get your turn is faster than jumping in together and playing immediately. Even with the issue of disconnects after the game, games aren't that hard to get started again. And yeah, wait times refer to all the scenarios that may prevent a game from starting, so 2k15 was much worse. It has nothing to do with the volume of people playing, but keep trying to twist my words.

But yeah keep wishing for a mode where you have to wait for another game to be done before you get your turn. If you're ok with that game design there is nothing to discuss anymore. Have a great day.
No, I'm serious take a look at it. It frankly doesn't make sense. Why would somebody have to go back into MyCareer from the JRC?

You also have too many bolded words, and a few ALL-CAPS sentences. You have a subset of A, B, B1, B2. You contradict your own statement about wait times after winning a game by saying nobody is on the Got Next spots so ***Waits***. You have ***Searches*** which doesn't even make sense. It's a mess.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The design of 2K17 walk-on is fine.

Its functionality is what's currently the problem. And in time, that functionality is likely to improve.

Once 2K17 walk-on gets to the point where you can reliably bring all 5 squad members into a match, I can't see how anyone could have an issue with the mode, or possibly claim that the got next system with its 30+ minute waiting times was superior.

If everyone on your team hits the Y button at the end of a 2K17 walk-on match, then you'll go right into the next one.
I get what you mean, I just like the whole experience of walking around and being able to interact with other players.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #38
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
No, I'm serious take a look at it. It frankly doesn't make sense. Why would somebody have to go back into MyCareer from the JRC?

You also have too many bolded words, and a few ALL-CAPS sentences. You have a subset of A, B, B1, B2. You contradict your own statement about wait times after winning a game by saying nobody is on the Got Next spots so ***Waits***. You have ***Searches*** which doesn't even make sense. It's a mess.
How is anything I said contradictory? I presented a lot of scenarios which actually happened. But no, all you want to do is point of the stuff that I frankly didn't give a **** about making perfect.

But, yeah, continue wearing your blind goggles while totally pretending like 2k15 JRC was heaven. You wanna keep talking about what I filled between asterisks instead of the issues that plagued 2k15. Goes to show how interested you are in a discussion, you just wanted a thread where people pat you on the back, but you were instead called out for delusion. Your logic is a mess.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
How is anything I said contradictory? I presented a lot of scenarios which actually happened. But no, all you want to do is point of the stuff that I frankly didn't give a **** about making perfect.

But, yeah, continue wearing your blind goggles while totally pretending like 2k15 JRC was heaven. You wanna keep talking about what I filled between asterisks instead of the issues that plagued 2k15. Goes to show how interested you are in a discussion, you just wanted a thread where people pat you on the back, but you were instead called out for delusion. Your logic is a mess.
Lol..... This guy xD
Old 10-17-2016, 04:34 PM   #40
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

Quote:

No, I'm saying the JRC right now is an improvement over Walk-On Pro-AM as that is currently a disaster. See the title of the thread. People getting disconnected deteriorates people from playing that mode, simple. JRC worked, and it will even be better now that they improved upon the MyPark/Stage disconnects. People will play something that works over something that doesn't, it's science.

JRC worked, Walk-On Pro-AM does not work currently. I agree with you and jyoung, if it worked then it would be great. But we have already went through four different patches for this game, and I'm not confident that they can get it working. Because if they could, then why don't they do it?

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-17-2016 at 04:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »