Home

Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

This is a discussion on Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #49
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotterio
i think the issue is competition in 2k17 for walk on pro am. they should only limit to it a team with at least 4 or 5 players to be able to play this game mode.

80% of the time that I've played in pro am, the opponents have at least 2~3 AIs. At least have 4 players to make the competition more fun.

and the server is really really bad.. disconnecting issue is constant
It would be great if disconnected people could reconnect. But I'll never count on that.

But yeah, the number of games where people quit and the AI takes over (A chronic issue) is too much. And this is kind of off topic, but there are way too many terrible players with bad attitudes in Pro-AM. But this is sort of just random game life in any game, so whatever, but I wish they'd group you more by skill level and reputation to at least try to prevent you from playing again with a guy who will just get a D- by the time the first quarter is over.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #50
MVP

Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Got next is terrible
Wait times to play are horrendous.
If you waited a half hour to play a 5vs 5, then the winning team would walk off, you just wasted your time.
The loading time to get into the rec center was eye gouging.
There was that glitch where if too many people loaded up in one received it would move soooooooo sloooooowwwww.
Once you turned I to a legend 3, you could kick anyone off their spot regardless of how long those people had been waiting in line to get next.
There is no commentary in JRC...it's a cemetery.
Getting to L3 or Legend1 (2k17) takes too long especially if you have a life and a career.
There's got to be more incentive to playing in a JRC then just to play.
No custom Jerseys or courts for the winning team.

And this is the mode you want back?

You forgot one important thing:

Extreme lag depending on what side you were facing.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #51
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

The issue seems to be a lack of "community," here are some ideas to create community without Rec:

In-Game Ideas:
- Fix the Server/Disconnection issues
- Display Archetype Icons next to the names of teammates (promote teammwork).
- Display player's "career" stats using Broadcast Graphics during downtime Example: When I'm shooting FTs, show my "PlayerName 10 PPG 5 APG 5 Reb. 20W-10L" like you see in TV games.
- Create a Mercy Rule so people can quit without penalty during blowouts/people quitting.
- After the game, encourage the players to continue playing with each other by adding VC bonuses for streaks
- Create Player Introductions for the beginning of games like Park
- Display each player's Pro-Am career stats during their introduction.
- Players with the most Fans should have more fans in the audience
- Players with the most fans should have fans hold their Big Head signs.

Create an IN-GAME 2K FRIEND'S LIST:
- After the game, ask if the players would like to add each other to their 2k Friend's list.
- 2k Friends should be able to "Flag" themselves as "Looking for Walk-on," "Looking for Park," etc.
- 2k Friends List should be able to sort by: Online/Offline, Overall W/L, W/L with you, Archetype, Stats (PPG/Assts/Etc), Looking for X Flag, Position, etc.
-Let people invite/join each other from the 2k Friend's List

Improve the LEADERBOARDS!:
- We need Daily Leaderboards that work
- Weekly Leaderboards that work
- "Cumulative" leaderboards can stay, but should not be the focus like they are now.
- Display icons next to the "top 10" of the Leaderboard. So, if I'm #9 today for Wins, put an icon next to me that shows to everyone.

The biggest thing with community is feeling like you recognize someone or someone recognizes you. Currently, there is no way to distinguish 1 player from the next. The only people getting any recognition in 2k are the same 10 people that play 24/7 and that's no fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #52
Pro

JRC > Walk On PRO AM....and it ain't even close.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #53
Rookie

There were still TONS of people playing 2k15 rec center during the whole of 2k16.

The people who think no one would play/rarely anyone would play JRC in 2k17 have no idea what they are talking about.

That being said I'll be happy if they just put rep into the ProAM Arena.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #54
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
JRC > Walk On PRO AM....and it ain't even close.
What about the crazy wait times?

I hate the "You got Next" system.. it's so frustrating to wait to play a game.

This happens way too often: You get to the Park, ALL the games are just starting and ALL the dots are taken... now I have to wait for 2 games to finish before I can play? That's crazy talk.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #55
MVP

ph33's Arena

I don't understand why they can't put rep in Pro-AM games. I mean, damn, I think your rep should be higher because you do a Pro-AM game, because that's where the more realistic basketball is. Instead, you actually get more VC for playing walk ons. I guess that's 2k's courtesy to those who are stuck in a game with terrible and selfish teammates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #56
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
What about the crazy wait times?

I hate the "You got Next" system.. it's so frustrating to wait to play a game.

This happens way too often: You get to the Park, ALL the games are just starting and ALL the dots are taken... now I have to wait for 2 games to finish before I can play? That's crazy talk.
That's one of the few things I like about the Park actually. Makes winning more important.

The annoying thing about the Rec center to me was the wait time. In the Park, it's different because the games only take 3 to 5 minutes, whereas a full 5 on 5 game with 4 quarters would take a half hour. That's ridiculous.

The Rec Center was also a lag riddled mess. Often times, the game would be unplayable because of the choppy lag on one end of the floor, due to all of the people loaded into the Rec Center and the other games being played.

It was also hard to play functional 5 vs 5 ball when everybody was wearing completely different clothes. Many times you had no idea who your teammates even were.

Make no mistake about it, Pro Am is far better. It just needs to work out the kinks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »