Home

Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

This is a discussion on Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

The Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K15 was the most social and fun experience I've ever had in a sports game. I've put roughly 1200 hours into that game. It's literally all my friends and I played. With the removal of it last year, we all tended to play less and less. I'm talking about people who were still playing 2K15 in June/July, some 10 months after the game has been released as it was just a fun experience, now play the game little.

Last year, they tried to replace it with Walk-On Pro-AM. But there was just literally no point in playing that, as you earned no rep. The whole rep grind was just limited to MyPARK, which got old fast. Now this year they added rep, but it just still doesn't have that same feel. Not to mention the issues that are plaguing it that deter people from continuing to play it.
  • People getting disconnected early.
  • People leaving in general.
  • People getting disconnected right as the game ends, giving them a L.

I know many complained about the wait times for the Rec Center for the Got Next spots, but I would take that experience 100x over what currently Walk-On Pro-AM is giving. Even if the issues get sorted out for Walk-on Pro-AM, the social experience of the Rec Center is just not there.

Here is a representation of what currently happens in Walk-On Pro-AM.

Load NBA 2K17.
***Loading Screen***
Go to MyCareer
***Loading Screen***
Joins friend's park from MyCareer
***Loading Screen***
Get into a squad of let's say 3-4 people.
Go to Walk-On Pro-AM Entrance
***Loading Screen***
"Oh crap, only three of our four guys made it. But the game hasn't started so let's quit out"
***Loading Screen***
Okay, back into MyCareer. "Hey join my MyCourt, we can just load into it from there instead of joining from MyPark"
***Loading Screen***
Okay, we got our 3-4 guys. Let's start up Walk-On Pro-AM.
***Loading Screen***
(Many times, people will experience another mishap but I will not) Okay we are in here, all of our guys made it. Game is about to start up. Yes, the game finally started!
***Loading Screen***

GAME

We won, great. "Do you want to play again? Y/N. Yes! I want to grind out that rep"
***Loading Screen***
"Shoot I just got a disconnection error."
***Loading Screen back to Main Menu***
Main Menu, go back into MyCareer. Tell other friends to quit out of their game (hopefully it didn't start).
***Loading Screen***
Join friend's MyCourt to retry.
***Loading Screen***
Get to friend's MyCourt, hope to god this doesn't happen again. Okay, let's start up Walk-On Pro-AM.
***Loading Screen***

How in the world is this a better system than having five people on Got Next spots that can play continuously with eachother without going into Loading Screen after Loading Screen after Loading Screen to achieve basically the same thing? Yeah there are waiting times with Got Next, but it was a far more enjoyable experience than what Walk-On Pro-AM represents.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-18-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Unless you had a squad of 5 it was next to impossible to get in a game in rec. Not sure what was so special about it? 30 minute wait times and not even guaranteed to start a game after.

They just need to put strict penalties for all the scrubs that leave before half time.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

Got next is terrible
Wait times to play are horrendous.
If you waited a half hour to play a 5vs 5, then the winning team would walk off, you just wasted your time.
The loading time to get into the rec center was eye gouging.
There was that glitch where if too many people loaded up in one received it would move soooooooo sloooooowwwww.
Once you turned I to a legend 3, you could kick anyone off their spot regardless of how long those people had been waiting in line to get next.
There is no commentary in JRC...it's a cemetery.
Getting to L3 or Legend1 (2k17) takes too long especially if you have a life and a career.
There's got to be more incentive to playing in a JRC then just to play.
No custom Jerseys or courts for the winning team.

And this is the mode you want back?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Icon7 Re: Walk-On Pro-AM Has Been A Disaster For Two Years - Bring Back The Rec Center

I agree. Rec was 10x more fun than walk on.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Rec Center was awful. Why would anyone want that back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Got next is terrible
Wait times to play are horrendous.
If you waited a half hour to play a 5vs 5, then the winning team would walk off, you just wasted your time.
The loading time to get into the rec center was eye gouging.
There was that glitch where if too many people loaded up in one received it would move soooooooo sloooooowwwww.
Once you turned I to a legend 3, you could kick anyone off their spot regardless of how long those people had been waiting in line to get next.
There is no commentary in JRC...it's a cemetery.
Getting to L3 or Legend1 (2k17) takes too long especially if you have a life and a career.
There's got to be more incentive to playing in a JRC then just to play.
No custom Jerseys or courts for the winning team.

And this is the mode you want back?

As opposed to what we have now?

THE REC WORKED.

Winners getting to stay on.

Being able to go to chinese servers for set-ups.

Rep works and is the best for legend?

Yes.

Yes I would DIE for the rec.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:43 PM   #7
Pro

Vroman's Arena

They could just add more 4v4 courts on parks and extend game to like 1st scoring 40pts instead 21. Got Next never worked better than matchmaking for 5v5 games, just people nostalgic and forgotten the drawback.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
They could just add more 4v4 courts on parks and extend game to like 1st scoring 40pts instead 21. Got Next never worked better than matchmaking for 5v5 games, just people nostalgic and forgotten the drawback.
I can't play pro-am. (it's broken)

I can't play set-up games without gaming the ranked system. (even if it did work)

4v4 should be in every park, and it should be incentivized so that people want to play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »