Home

Defense on All-Star Questions/Concerns

This is a discussion on Defense on All-Star Questions/Concerns within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

OVR: 0
Defense on All-Star Questions/Concerns

Good day all,

I just picked up this year's 2K this past weekend and so far I am very happy with my choice to buy it. I am an Atlanta native and so I use the Hawks as my main team in My GM because I know the players, like the coaching staff and understand their limitations. I am doing well on offense aside from not knowing how to shoot with Kyle Korver but I am STRUGGING on defense and need some pointers for me and to help my CPU teammates. I typically play the role of shut down played in more recent 2k games. I usually pick the player who is matched up against the best player on the opposing team, i.e. I guard Lebron and Steph and players of that magnitude and usually fair pretty well. I haven't had many 40 point games against me and have had very few 30 pointers as well. I usually hang around the players' averages or below and can sometimes completely shut them down to say 10-15 points on 20-30 shots in some cases. This year though I cannot hang with anyone. I tried being Baze because he is probably the most well rounded perimeter defender on the team, but guys this year just do a few cross overs and then run by me. Once by me they either go in for a wide open layup because there's no help defense, or on the rare occasion there is help defense they get fouled. Since I noticed this was my fault and would take some practice I decided to play as Dwight Howard or Paul Milsap or some other low post player to not have to chase faster guys as much but it has backfired. My CPU defenders cannot keep up either. Too often I see someone just run right by Dennis Shroeder, who in my opinion is in the top 5 in speed in the NBA, like he is standing still. Same with Hardaway or Korver or Bazemore or really anyone on the wing. Can someone offer me some pointers or some slider adjustments I can make in order to stop all of my games from being 120-119? I am averaging 117 per game and allowing 121 per game through 4 games and in the half game against the Lakers that I am playing it is 65-56 with 2 minutes left in the 2nd. Timmofey Mosgov has 21 points on 8-11 shooting as Dwight Howard, who I have not been controlling, just lets him into the lane uncontested and he gets it right by the rim and has no trouble knocking it in. Anything would help. Thanks OS community.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »