Home

Advanced Rotation (Foul Trouble - Blowouts)

This is a discussion on Advanced Rotation (Foul Trouble - Blowouts) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Advanced Rotation (Foul Trouble - Blowouts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
The cpu does take out players when in foul trouble. Not sure if that was a fix or not. Saw it in my games I played last night.

Anyway whenever I want to deviate from the Advanced Rotation I just do a sub myself or turn it to manual.

If you only want to deviate for a few minutes you can turn it to manual for a quarter and then turn it back on after.

i.e. if a guy has 2 fouls 2 minutes into the first then turn it off. Turn it back on in the 2nd quarter. Works fine for me.
I do the same you mentioned.

Last night my PF had 4 fouls in first quarter and i didn't sub him out just to see how the system works, cpu didn't sub him out either.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:56 PM   #18
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinplok
Anyone know if the update fixed this?
Update did not fix any issues in reference to foul trouble and blowout substitutions. I play myleague offline Cpu VS Cpu.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've run into this problem. Playing with Brooklynn and feeding Lopez means foul trouble for the opposing bigs. Horford got 4 in the first but only came out at the time he was supposed to according to the advanced rotations. Ended up fouling out a couple minutes after reentering the game in the second quarter. I'm talking about the CPU handling fouls on their players in advanced rotations.

One thing that I did notice, or at least it seemed this way, Horford stayed on the bench longer than the other ststarters in the second quarter even though I don't have it set like that. I wanted to believe its the ai handling his fouls so maybe there is some logic coded where they will sit longer according to fouls but I doubt it. It seems very strict about following what minute a player should be in the game. My thought was that if it did have this logic, we could set players to come out a little earlier in the first and third quarters than usual and the cpu would somewhat be able to manage it from there But once again I don't think this logic is actually in the game.

Looks like I will just be turning off foulouts when I run into a similar situation. Kills a bit of realism, but advanced rotations are better than seeing my starters against the opposing bench for the last 7 minutes of the first half imo.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

This issue needs to be elevated. It sucks that we cant use advanced subs and have the CPU sub out its guys when they get in foul trouble.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:31 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

rotations have been an issue for years. Beyond just your team, the CPU AI is moronic when it leaves guys in with 3 fouls. to me its not rocket science. I know nothing of coding but it would seem simple to write code that says.

1. When a player has 2 fouls in a specific amount of time early in the game, he exits. Same with a 3rd foul, 4th foul, and 5th foul. Period. This takes priority over any other rotation factor.

After that prioritize fatigure vs. rotation depending on how it is set by the user. And then code in a point differential and time frame (e.g. 25 points with 4 minutes left, 14 points with 1 minute left) where the bench is emptied regardless of rotation.

I get that coding defenses to act like real players is hard. I get that coding trade logic is hard. But to me a few simple uses of prioritizing should be very, very simple to include in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2016, 05:52 AM   #22
Rookie

Played a game earlier in MyLeague offline with the Warriors. I got a huge lead, more like 20 with 2mins to go when suddenly the bench players started to stand and went to the scorer's table. Then I intentionally fouled and they subbed the starters except for Iggy which his original rotation is a 2nd unit but was in the game because he's part of the death lineup that the Dubs used during 4th quarters.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #23
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This issue needs to be elevated. It sucks that we cant use advanced subs and have the CPU sub out its guys when they get in foul trouble.
Any movement on this? Any word from 2K?

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 12-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #24
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Same issue still happening in 2k20. Smh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »