Home

Advanced Rotation (Foul Trouble - Blowouts)

This is a discussion on Advanced Rotation (Foul Trouble - Blowouts) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Advanced Rotation (Foul Trouble - Blowouts)

You can sort of utilize advanced rotations and still have the AI account for foul trouble/blowouts. If you set the team's minutes on the basic rotation menu, you can then hit Start to look at the advanced rotation to see what changed. As long as you go back to the basic rotation menu *without* saving changes, then the AI will use the advanced rotation you looked at, and still sub out for foul trouble/blowouts.

The key is that you can't make any actual changes on the advanced rotation screen. You have to make all the changes in the basic rotation menu, then go look to see what the advanced rotation looks like after any change you make. You can use minutes, player position settings (PG, SG, etc.), Bench Depth, and/or Stamina ratings to manipulate the advanced rotation without actually editing it.

Hope I explained that well. It's not totally ideal, but it definitely beats star players playing the first 20 minutes of game time without sitting, or role players being on the court for 45 minutes.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 12-04-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #26
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
You can sort of utilize advanced rotations and still have the AI account for foul trouble/blowouts. If you set the team's minutes on the basic rotation menu, you can then hit Start to look at the advanced rotation to see what changed. As long as you go back to the basic rotation menu *without* saving changes, then the AI will use the advanced rotation you looked at, and still sub out for foul trouble/blowouts.

The key is that you can't make any actual changes on the advanced rotation screen. You have to make all the changes in the basic rotation menu, then go look to see what the advanced rotation looks like after any change you make. You can use minutes, player position settings (PG, SG, etc.), Bench Depth, and/or Stamina ratings to manipulate the advanced rotation without actually editing it.

Hope I explained that well. It's not totally ideal, but it definitely beats star players playing the first 20 minutes of game time without sitting, or role players being on the court for 45 minutes.

Sounds good! Where is the basic rotation menu - are u referring to the 'line-ups'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Sounds good! Where is the basic rotation menu - are u referring to the 'line-ups'?
This screen here:
Spoiler

You can make all the changes you want in the above menu, but you can't make any changes on the advanced rotation screen below:
Spoiler
Old 12-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
This screen here:
Spoiler

You can make all the changes you want in the above menu, but you can't make any changes on the advanced rotation screen below:
Spoiler
I'm struggling with this because I want the foul trouble and blowout substitutions....but what do I do with a team like the Clippers.

Harrell and Lou Williams dont start but they close out every game. Have you found a workaround for situations like this?
Old 12-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #29
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm struggling with this because I want the foul trouble and blowout substitutions....but what do I do with a team like the Clippers.

Harrell and Lou Williams dont start but they close out every game. Have you found a workaround for situations like this?

I'll suggest when comes to last 4 minutes of 2q and 4th use the quick 'line-up' substitution and perform the quick sub if Harrell and Lou are not on the floor.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Sort of, but with one catch. You have to start Zubac over Harrell.

I thought about which is more important: Harrell starting/finishing the game, or Harrell playing the majority of his minutes next to Lou. I went with the latter since they're arguably the best P&R combo in the entire NBA, but I don't think either option is right or wrong.

I spent a good amount of time messing with the minutes, positions, and Stamina ratings for the Clippers to get Harrell to start, play next to Lou, and also finish games, but I could never get all three. There might be a way I haven't discovered, though.

But tbh, I was just thankful that I found a way for Lou to come off the bench and finish games next to Beverley, PG, and Kawhi.

Anyway, here's a clip of how I set the rotations for the Clippers (I also have their Bench Depth set to 9):

Spoiler
Old 12-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
I'll suggest when comes to last 4 minutes of 2q and 4th use the quick 'line-up' substitution and perform the quick sub if Harrell and Lou are not on the floor.

I'm not worried about me. Its the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Sort of, but with one catch. You have to start Zubac over Harrell.

I thought about which is more important: Harrell starting/finishing the game, or Harrell playing the majority of his minutes next to Lou. I went with the latter since they're arguably the best P&R combo in the entire NBA, but I don't think either option is right or wrong.

I spent a good amount of time messing with the minutes, positions, and Stamina ratings for the Clippers to get Harrell to start, play next to Lou, and also finish games, but I could never get all three. There might be a way I haven't discovered, though.

But tbh, I was just thankful that I found a way for Lou to come off the bench and finish games next to Beverley, PG, and Kawhi.

Anyway, here's a clip of how I set the rotations for the Clippers (I also have their Bench Depth set to 9):

Spoiler
Thanks for this. How important is bench depth in this workaround. I've never fooled around with this in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »