Home

And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

This is a discussion on And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo13clikke
Reposting just for the giggles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik
Exactly. It happened one time in 10 years lol. And it wasnt done by Kyle Korver. Nate blocked Shaq once too.

Last edited by killxmike; 10-19-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Blocks, especially done by the CPU, are as good as they've ever been.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

Don't have this issue at all. There's nothing glaring about blocks this year except that they work how they probably should. I assume blocks must be very hard to tune, so my only issue is that there's no longer that satisfying sound when you swat something weak into the stands.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #12
Pro

And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

Idk I think they are little to easy for smaller guys I've been blocked more than enough times with my 7'1 GC by 6'3 guys under the basket simply because they will (when not steal spamming) jump nonstop and somehow get blocks with their shoulder or something while just blindly jumping. And I get what some of y'all are saying and I don't have a prob with them getting blocks but the frequency they happen and the lack of skill or actual timing makes it really frustrating for a big when it happens to him.

This is a two way road tho I won't lie I get a lot of blocks I have no business getting because of bad animations and bad ball physics.

Overall though I would rather see a small tone down to blocks or the timing window across the Board or maybe make it so the ball goes through a defenders shoulder or elbow when they are just jumping with no real timing or plan ( I know someone gonna have something to say about that one )
That or fix the goddamn dunk animations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxmike
Exactly. It happened one time in 10 years lol. And it wasnt done by Kyle Korver. Nate blocked Shaq once too.
https://youtu.be/aO_Vx8Oeydo
Old 10-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #14
Banned

Post Re: And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwntrl
So you're saying guys who aren't good shot blockers shouldn't be able to possibly make a block at all? Even if their timing was good enough to make the play?
Have u ever seen Derrick Rose block someone's dunk? Or even try? You ever seen CP3 sky through the air to block someone's dunk? Do u even watch NBA basketball? If so, when have u ever seen this? D. Jordan? I'm cool with that. Or A.D., I get it. But there are some guys in the NBA that know that's not that forte or strength and wouldn't even attempt to block someone's dunk? But in NBA 2k17, u can switch to the nearest player, with no timing whatsoever, and block the dunk. Ratings be damned!

And stop it with the "possible if timing" garbage because I do it my self. When I'm beat, I have switched to the nearest defender and jumped for the unrealistic and uncharacteristiced block'd dunk with zero timing. Get out of here with that

Last edited by MadManCometh; 10-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Have u ever seen Derrick Rose block someone's dunk? Or even try? You ever seen CP3 sky through the air to block someone's dunk? Do u even watch NBA basketball? If so, when have u ever seen this? D. Jordan? I'm cool with that. Or A.D., I get it. But there are some guys in the NBA that know that's not that forte or strength and wouldn't even attempt to block someone's dunk? But in NBA 2k17, u can switch to the nearest player, with no timing whatsoever, and block the dunk. Ratings be damned!

And stop it with the "possible if timing" garbage because I do it my self. When I'm beat, I have switched to the nearest defender and jumped for the unrealistic and uncharacteristiced block'd dunk with zero timing. Get out of here with that
https://youtu.be/soJI0KwA3t4

Rose has 155 career blocks by the way, so enough with the "do you even watch basketball" jabs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 10-19-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #16
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

I think it's a must for people to create a thread and always post in which mode and situation issue occurs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the high block rate is mostly evident in My Park correct? Offline gaming for me is no issue but yet My Park is just silly. Doesn't matter if you use a 7'1 center or a 6'10 250lb PF a 5'10 pg weighing 150 will block you 99% of the time.

So in my opinion issue only occurs in My park.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »