Home

And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

This is a discussion on And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 12:25 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Nothing has changed with shot blocking since launch and blocking isn't anywhere close to overdone this year...

Yes, you'll get the occasional block from a guard, but this game is not shy about calling shooting fouls...like at all if you make a bad block attempt.
You play offline, online???
Old 10-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #18
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
I think it's a must for people to create a thread and always post in which mode and situation issue occurs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the high block rate is mostly evident in My Park correct? Offline gaming for me is no issue but yet My Park is just silly. Doesn't matter if you use a 7'1 center or a 6'10 250lb PF a 5'10 pg weighing 150 will block you 99% of the time.

So in my opinion issue only occurs in My park.
Boss, I can confirm for you that there is a High block rate in the park.....

...and it has absolutely nothing to do with coding, programming, or anything else. There's a high block rate in park because the average park random has the basketball IQ of a xylophone. Blocks have been fine this year for the most part. Still a few that happen because of animations that the offense gets stuck in, but overall not bad. Certainly not at the rate or severity OP is describing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #19
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
https://youtu.be/soJI0KwA3t4

Rose has 155 career blocks by the way, so enough with the "do you even watch basketball" jabs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thank you!!
Old 10-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #20
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Rose has 155 career blocks by the way, so enough with the "do you even watch basketball" jabs.

He'll just gloss over this and continue his rant lol
Old 10-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #21
Banned

The
Quote:

155 career blocks out of how many games total? And since you're a statistician, how many of his 155 blocks where actually blocking someones dunk??????????

I'm from Chicago, and as a basketball fan, I have never seen D. ROSE GET UP AND BLOCK A DUNK. Never have I ever seen this.. not saying it's impossible, but it's a rare occasion that would actually happen, if ever. But in 2k, I'm seeing guys get away with this way to often online. If u don't play online then it's best u don't post because u wouldn't know.

Last edited by MadManCometh; 10-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #22
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
The

155 career blocks out of how many games total? And since you're a statistician, how many of his 155 blocks where actually blocking someones dunk??????????

I'm from Chicago, and as a basketball fan, I have never seen D. ROSE GET UP AND BLOCK A DUNK. Never have I ever seen this.. not saying it's impossible, but it's a rare occasion that would actually happen, if ever. But in 2k, I'm seeing guys get away with this way to often online. If u don't play online then it's best u don't post because u wouldn't know.
Did the dunker go up in heavy traffic? Did he reach back into time itself on a cockback or backscratcher? Was it a block early? At the top of the Jump? Did he Absorb contact at the rim and get the block?

All your saying is Derrick Rose should never block a Paul George dunk. And that is absolutely preposterous. I feel like I get caught in dumb animations and get blocked more often than I should, but it's never a "Bad Looking Block or a "This shouldn't have happened". Usually it's a "Man, Why did it have to be THAT animation for that situation".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #23
Banned

[quote=ViolenceFight;2048528058]Did the dunker go up in heavy traffic? Did he reach back into time itself on a cockback or backscratcher? Was it a block early? At the top of the Jump? Did he Absorb contact at the rim and get the block?

All

I get what ur saying. This game is filled with bad dunk or layup animations for a particular situation. But again, when have u EVER seen Rose block a dunk? The dude don't even attempt IRL to block a dunk. I've seen him let a LeBron or other guys go for the dunk.

Far as your question, the game is just to friendly far as letting guys elbows or shoulder block a dunk. I've seen players mis-timed the jump, but blocked my dunk anyway on his arm on his way down

Last edited by MadManCometh; 10-19-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #24
Just started!

I'd say it definitely happens too often in Park. My 6'8 slasher can easily get blocked by 6'1 sharpshooters in My Park.

Now, part of it could be the fact that it seems to go in to **** back dunk animations, that I don't even have equipped.

But it's a bit enraging to either way.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »