Home

And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

This is a discussion on And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
You play offline, online???
Majority of my playing time goes to PNO...ive played a ridiculous amount of games so far and I cant say blocking is an issue for me at all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #26
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

[quote=MadManCometh;2048528072]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Did the dunker go up in heavy traffic? Did he reach back into time itself on a cockback or backscratcher? Was it a block early? At the top of the Jump? Did he Absorb contact at the rim and get the block?

All

I get what ur saying. This game is filled with bad dunk or layup animations for a particular situation. But again, when have u EVER seen Rose block a dunk? The dude don't even attempt IRL to block a dunk. I've seen him let a LeBron or other guys go for the dunk.

Far as your question, the game is just to friendly far as letting guys elbows or shoulder block a dunk. I've seen players mis-timed the jump, but blocked my dunk anyway on his arm on his way
What you're failing to grasp isn't "Has Derrick Rose ever blocked a dunk", It's "CAN Derrick Rose block a dunk in the right situation". Are you going to tell me that because you've never seen him do it the man isn't physically capable of it? Are you going to tell me that if he got the right angle of attack on a block he'd be unable? So he should never block Paul George? Why? What's your reasoning? Is it because you've never seen him block a dunk, so no matter the situation he should never be able to do that?

I have not seen an elbow block yet. I've seen the dumb animation where a guy is blocking the ball with the back of his hand unintentionally, but not an elbow. I play park and see ridiculous amounts of dumb garbage, so I get to see most of the stupid blocks pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

[quote=ViolenceFight;2048528100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh

What you're failing to grasp isn't "Has Derrick Rose ever blocked a dunk", It's "CAN Derrick Rose block a dunk in the right situation". Are you going to tell me that because you've never seen him do it the man isn't physically capable of it? Are you going to tell me that if he got the right angle of attack on a block he'd be unable? So he should never block Paul George? Why? What's your reasoning? Is it because you've never seen him block a dunk, so no matter the situation he should never be able to do that?

I have not seen an elbow block yet. I've seen the dumb animation where a guy is blocking the ball with the back of his hand unintentionally, but not an elbow. I play park and see ridiculous amounts of dumb garbage, so I get to see most of the stupid blocks pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'll ask for the last time, it's either u understand the question or you don't. But here it goes:

Have you ever seen Derrick Rose block a dunk in the NBA??
(Real Simple question, yes or no dude)

All this "if he got the right angle" garbage is irrelevant. But Does he have the defensive skill, awareness, timing, or even the mind set the block a Paul George dunk? Maybe u don't even know that Rose isn't even a defensive player. Let's start with grasping that for starters.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

https://youtu.be/L4-lAq8kBXo
Old 10-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #29
Pro

I'm 6'10, he's 6'4 I think. He blocks a backscratcher from the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRp0_SyMX4
Old 10-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #30
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
I'm 6'10, he's 6'4 I think. He blocks a backscratcher from the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRp0_SyMX4
I'm ok with that block. He caught it on the **** back. The Apex would of been a totally different story.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Now that u post it I remember this play, it was Thibs first year when they went to the ECF if i recall correctly. But it's a extremely rare play from Rose and if u know and watch basketball u would know this. And that was in his peek physical form. In his current state he doesn't even dunk anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #32
Rookie

Well I guess I had to wait a bit more and let him jump again...

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »