Home

Online matchmaking, same teams over and over again!! Boring!!

This is a discussion on Online matchmaking, same teams over and over again!! Boring!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 06:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Online matchmaking, same teams over and over again!! Boring!!

Ok, question, who thought it was a good idea to make online match making into small tiers? I get it, u want even teams. But with approximately 5 teams per tier, that means u play the same team(s) over and over again. I been playing with the Spurs lately and I'm so sick of seeing Curry I'm ready to throw my joystick. Every game, it's Curry, Curry, Curry!!! 3 jacking all game, every game!!!! I get it, he's a likeable player. But it's nice to have a variety.

I think 2k should open up matchmaking and let us step out of the match at the pre-menu screen If we don't want to play that team. Just because a guy uses a lesser team doesn't mean he can't compete with a greater team. If u know your team and have their releases down it can be done. I understand that u want teams to be even, but IMO, it gets boring and extremely redundant to play the same 2 or 3 teams over and over and over again. That is really annoying. If a guy want to play with the Wolves, that should be fine. IRL the wolves have to play all 31 teams. The NBA don't say, "hey Orlando, the Cavs is far superior so you can't play them". Just my opinion, I'll rather have variety with matchmaking. I personally like a challenge and I don't mind if the other team is better on paper.

The way it's currently setup, if ur a Pistons fan, that means u are never going to play the Clippers online? This current setup takes away so many matches. The Bucks will never play the Knicks online? Or the Celtics? The Raptors can never play the Kings online? I'm sorry but that is wack!!!

Last edited by MadManCometh; 10-19-2016 at 06:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Online matchmaking, same teams over and over again!! Boring!!

I'm not really feeling blind matchups either. The ONE good thing about the no-LeBron era Cavs is that I had them all to myself online. Now everybody uses them and with blind matchups, I get way too many Cavs v Cavs matchups. Its got to be HORRIBLE for true blue Woyer fans, lol.

I think a better idea would be to bring back the selection process, but with tiered VC rewards. Playing a higher tiered team should net you a huge VC multiplier, win or lose. Or maybe a VC "spread". If you choose the Woyers and I take say the Twolves, there should be a 10 point over/under that nets me a fat VC award.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Online matchmaking, same teams over and over again!! Boring!!

I agree with you for the most part, but there are several threads on this, as well as the PNO thread, please use them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »