Home

Defense Settings/Attributes My Park

This is a discussion on Defense Settings/Attributes My Park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Defense Settings/Attributes My Park

Hey guys,

couple of questions

1.Just wondering what is everyones defense ratings? how much does strength play a factor when bodying up defenders?

2.What is your defensive settings on? (Defensive assist)

3.And what works best (mainly talking about stopping cheese speed burst)

How do you hedge on screens effectively?

This is a big issue. I know communication is key and in past 2ks I have dominated park through defense but since the cap for defense has been lowered I have been struggling.Ive contained or atleast was able to neutralize previous 2k cheeses in past 2 years but this year I cannot it figure it out.

Moving picks and brick wall is another issue. I'm mainly speaking about when gaurds or non-brick wall players set screens and when I come up to hedge. I either get blown by and my players arms flail u while he just gets past my body.

I play honest D too. I dont reach excessivley in hopes that i get lucky for a steal. I have been able to use the stick for steals by timing it one time in certain instances. But my principles are really to avoid reaching and not holding LT at all times. I mainly feather LT. I fast shuffle to slide side to side with a ball handler(cheese is whole another issue)

Also I'm not worried about point forwards/playmakers hitting treys at the moment because they will be exposed once Mike takes off the bandaid fix(BTW where the **** is that?)

Just wondering what people have done are effective or if people are having the same issue as me.

If your wondering:

I am All-Star 4 with a very good win/loss%

I mainly play point forward with defense attributes maxed out and strength is low at 35. I also have a slasher maxed out defense attributes and maxed strength. Both are 6'7

I dont play with randoms so its not that my teammates don't have an IQ. My teammates in the past were successful with me stoping cheeses in 2k15/2k16. But this year we arent as dominate as we once were.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Defense Settings/Attributes My Park

The excessive screens are really tough. I have pick dodger, but I ran into it last night while covering the PG and while the team wasn't great at capitalizing off of it, it was almost impossible to deal with the zig zagging off of multiple screens over and over. I too play pretty straight up defense and only pick my spots to reach.

Defense is quite the adventure this year and very difficult when you play against the players that expose it well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »