Home

2K18 - one wish: no more cut-scenes.

This is a discussion on 2K18 - one wish: no more cut-scenes. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #25
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K18 - one wish: no more cut-scenes.

Get rid of the cut scenes, period. Waste of time on literally everybody's part.

Sort of off topic, but a few other things I think would be nice:

1. When picking in free agency, we should know or have a good idea who's going to sign with the team we join. It was annoying to join the Warriors only to find out Steph Curry left for the Clippers.

2. I think in 2k15, if you earned a certain status with your team, you could ask your GM which of the free agents you would like to play with and who you wanted him to pursue. I liked that a lot.

3. We should have the option to negotiate years on our contracts. What if I just want to sign 1 year deals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 10:02 PM   #26
Rookie

Idk what the hell this guy is talking about. The cutscenes add immersion, plain and simple. I like a product that takes presentation seriously.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #27
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Yeah I don't really agree with this post at all to be honest. I agree that the narrative of the story and the cutscenes aren't the best and should be skippable. However, I like having there be some depth to the mode and background more than just grinding out games over and over.

There needs to be more variety and different angles/avenues you can go with the story. Not everyone wants to be "Freq" or "Pres" but 3-5 different options you could pick would be nice. If I want to stink and go to the D-League, let me. If I want to dominate college and be a Lottery pick, let me.

I would also caution you guys that some people do really enjoy MyCareer and like the story, if you haven't noticed it's the same 5-6 guys in here going back and forth. OS is great but don't take it as a good sample size of research.

Just my two cents.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Yeah I don't really agree with this post at all to be honest. I agree that the narrative of the story and the cutscenes aren't the best and should be skippable. However, I like having there be some depth to the mode and background more than just grinding out games over and over.

There needs to be more variety and different angles/avenues you can go with the story. Not everyone wants to be "Freq" or "Pres" but 3-5 different options you could pick would be nice. If I want to stink and go to the D-League, let me. If I want to dominate college and be a Lottery pick, let me.

I would also caution you guys that some people do really enjoy MyCareer and like the story, if you haven't noticed it's the same 5-6 guys in here going back and forth. OS is great but don't take it as a good sample size of research.

Just my two cents.
If they add all these options they would no doubt have to create a separate game. Otherwise it's going to be this cheesy mode stuck in with the rest of the game modes.

But depth and background? If anything cut-scenes like this decrease both depth and background. You can achieve so much more by making it more open-ended, giving the player more options and not have to sit through cringe-worthy cut-scenes over and over. There are other ways to add way more depth and intrigue to the mode than just having it play out like an interactive movie where you occasionally play a basketball game.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:45 PM   #29
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
If they add all these options they would no doubt have to create a separate game. Otherwise it's going to be this cheesy mode stuck in with the rest of the game modes.

But depth and background? If anything cut-scenes like this decrease both depth and background. You can achieve so much more by making it more open-ended, giving the player more options and not have to sit through cringe-worthy cut-scenes over and over. There are other ways to add way more depth and intrigue to the mode than just having it play out like an interactive movie where you occasionally play a basketball game.
Don't really agree with this at all but that's okay.

Your last point is really far off IMO, I'm not sure if we're playing the same game but the cutscenes aren't really that long IMO other than maybe the first couple. The majority of this mode is playing ball on the court or doing practices.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-19-2016, 11:45 PM   #30
MVP

ph33's Arena

I don't need a dumb fictional story to feel immersed

At the very least, let me skip it
Old 10-19-2016, 11:45 PM   #31
Rookie

Or at least just make them skippable. I don't mind them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 11:50 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Don't really agree with this at all but that's okay.

Your last point is really far off IMO, I'm not sure if we're playing the same game but the cutscenes aren't really that long IMO other than maybe the first couple. The majority of this mode is playing ball on the court or doing practices.
With the core basis of it being a very silly storyline, cringe-worthy cut-scenes and a bunch of malarky. I understand it's for young kids and all but that's why I think they should just make and market 2 different games. One sim game, one soap opera game. Everyone would be happy and they could even share resources, etc., between the games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »