Home

Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Is Counter Strike licensed by the US Army, and the world's leading terrorist groups and marketed as a simulation of their conflicts?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, didn't think so.
This is as silly a comment as I've seen. A licensed NBA product doesn't have to identically simulate everything within the NBA. In this case in particular, all the game needs to do is provide the platform for fair competition. Fair meaning all the tools available to one player is also available to the other to compete with.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17

Quote:
Is Counter Strike licensed by the US Army, and the world's leading terrorist groups and marketed as a simulation of their conflicts?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, didn't think so.
Sorry, I didn't realize that 2k is marketted as SIM game.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #11
Rookie

The only sport game is good enough for esports is madden 2k is trash online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #12
Pro

Re: Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17

So I bet everyone will just use the Warriors.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 PM   #13
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
This is as silly a comment as I've seen. A licensed NBA product doesn't have to identically simulate everything within the NBA. In this case in particular, all the game needs to do is provide the platform for fair competition. Fair meaning all the tools available to one player is also available to the other to compete with.

In my defense the comment I was responding to was also quite silly. I replied with an equally silly retort. I can be facetious! Sadly, the person I was responding to was likely not, making it even more awesome.

I agree that it doesn't have to simulate everything perfectly. That's expecting too much.

I also agree with your definition of fair, especially in regards to e sports. The problem lies with people looking at the situation objectively and observing that 2K is not penalizing players for exploits. I personally think most rational people interested in this particular competition would take note of that and not partake, for glaringly obvious reasons.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #14
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Sorry, I didn't realize that 2k is marketted as SIM game.

I guess now you know? To be clear, some identifiers would have been the history of the title, the licenses and likenesses and the amount of money spent on them, brand name associations and the actual NBA name and logo. The intent of the aforementioned things clearly point to an attempt at simulation and a recreation of realism.

You're welcome!
Old 10-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #15
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Lol who wants to play this lagfest competitively...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
I guess now you know? To be clear, some identifiers would have been the history of the title, the licenses and likenesses and the amount of money spent on them, brand name associations and the actual NBA name and logo. The intent of the aforementioned things clearly point to an attempt at simulation and a recreation of realism.

You're welcome!
A very poor and lazy attempt if it is an attempt at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »