Home

Anybody Else Getting Forced In The Post/Protect Ball Position Unwanted?

This is a discussion on Anybody Else Getting Forced In The Post/Protect Ball Position Unwanted? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2016, 03:17 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody Else Getting Forced In The Post/Protect Ball Position Unwanted?

this animation really needs to go, or at least tuned down dramatically. a lot of times i get the animation in the paint AFTER i've beaten my man as he hacks me from behind.

it's clear to me that it's just another anti-cheese mechanism that really does nothing but frustrate the user, especially in offline mode. if the controls were actually responsive without delay (another anti cheese mechanism i suppose), it would be different as i'd be able to react and pass out of it (actually, probably not because you can't pass out of the animation while you're locked into it as is plays out).

players like mj and westbrook (just as prime examples) should be able to get past their man if there's an available lane without getting sucked into animations that only players like craig ehlo or mike dunleavy should be getting.

ugh - the frustration that this game brings is unrivaled. year after year after year it just never fails.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #26
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
The auto-hesitation is not gone on PC. It's definitely there. Not as frequent, but it is not gone.

Auto hesi is still on consoles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
this animation really needs to go, or at least tuned down dramatically. a lot of times i get the animation in the paint AFTER i've beaten my man as he hacks me from behind.

it's clear to me that it's just another anti-cheese mechanism that really does nothing but frustrate the user, especially in offline mode. if the controls were actually responsive without delay (another anti cheese mechanism i suppose), it would be different as i'd be able to react and pass out of it (actually, probably not because you can't pass out of the animation while you're locked into it as is plays out).

players like mj and westbrook (just as prime examples) should be able to get past their man if there's an available lane without getting sucked into animations that only players like craig ehlo or mike dunleavy should be getting.

ugh - the frustration that this game brings is unrivaled. year after year after year it just never fails.
If this is an animation to combat cheese gone wrong smh. I don't know how much focus defense is and how much effort is put into improving it, I'm not going to assume bc I dnt work on it but.....

Defense has felt relatively the same I would say for maybe the past 3 or more years to me.

If it's to the point you have to take out animations like the speed boost and put in animations to take away offensive tools ALL BC you cannot tweak defense enough to stop it......

Kind of makes me wonder. You can actually tell they toned down body ups bc you can see the holes when you are in position and the man you're guarding is untouchable no matter how close or how good your position is.

While I agree that a lot of the body up animations are to aggressive they should not have been toned down just call a foul or give us more of those body up animations you can dribble in. If you cut you man off THERE WILL BE CONTACT!
Old 10-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

I notice it most in my career as I'm crossing the half court line, I instinctively move my finger away from the L2 button because I'm assume that I'm unconsciously resting my finger on it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #29
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

All of these unwanted animation and auto whatever nonsense leave me scratching my head in disgust. Granted it looks beautiful and there are some other aspects of the game that are great, but when you get down to the bare bone basketball philosophies this game is severely lacking. Footwork, Passing , Defence, all need to be redone. By all accounts I have NO experience making a video game so I don't know IF there is a fix for it, 2K needs to focus on basic things first before putting in Laser shows and dunk teams during timeouts. I know they can get close because going back and playing 2K14 on PC, I feel worlds ahead when it comes to control and basic execution of plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »