Home

Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17

Sony announced today on the PlayStation Blog that they are partnering with the ESL to launch a new tournaments feature on the PS4.

The first major tournament being held will be played on NBA 2K17.

Quote:
"We’re excited to announce that PlayStation is partnering with ESL to introduce Tournaments, a new PS4 feature that will allow players to participate in Tournaments with games that gamers want to play.

We’re kicking off the first Major tournament with NBA 2K17, to celebrate the beginning of the NBA season. The Major Tournament runs from October 27 to November 26, with Major Cup rounds occurring every Saturday. Top 3 winners of the NBA 2K17 Major Tournament will receive a prize pack that includes items such as a DualShock 4 and PlayStation gear."

The tournaments feature will initially be for 1 on 1 gaming, but Sony is expecting to expand that into the future.

E-Sports continues to gain steam, and it looks like with one major console maker fully on board it's likely you'll see sports games continue to gravitate that direction with regards to the modes they offer as well.

Will you be playing in the NBA 2K17 tournament on PS4 later this month?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #2
Rookie

PatriotsNation617's Arena

OVR: 0
I just signed up for nba2k17 Tourney. I hope they do madden17 and start leagues.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17

I'm sure the gameplay in this will be 100 percent sim and be an accurate portrayal of the NBA.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
Banned

Re: Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I'm sure the gameplay in this will be 100 percent sim and be an accurate portrayal of the NBA.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Just like Counter Strike is an accurate portrayal of SWAT missions battling terrorists right?
Old 10-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsNation617
I just signed up for nba2k17 Tourney. I hope they do madden17 and start leagues.

Where do you sign up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 12:14 PM   #6
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

It's absolutely laughable that 2K will be taken seriously as an e-sport when the actual company producing the game acknowledges bugs and exploits and has publicly said it will do nothing to penalize people using said bugs/exploits.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #7
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Just like Counter Strike is an accurate portrayal of SWAT missions battling terrorists right?

Is Counter Strike licensed by the US Army, and the world's leading terrorist groups and marketed as a simulation of their conflicts?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, didn't think so.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #8
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Is this in the US only ??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »