Home

Standing Dunks

This is a discussion on Standing Dunks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
Standing Dunks

Thank you for the improvement to standing Dunks. Last year they were virtually non existent and I feel like this was a great improvement that shouldnt go overlooked. It's been satisfying to come down with a rebound and throw it down with authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Standing Dunks

I agree one hundred percent! That's my favorite thing about 2K17 (that and the stylish looking layups).

The majority of dunks, even a lot of the poster dunks, in the NBA come from either a standing position or like a step or two. Adding the ability to dunk without charging through with turbo adds a point of realism they've been missing for a while.

Now I just wish they'd add more emotional animations that come after dunks. Almost every time someone in the NBA dunks, there is an emotional reaction of some type (either from him or from his teammates). Maybe that can be the next step for 2K18.

Also, while we are talking about dunks, I really wish they would add the ability to create your own dunk package (where you pick which individual dunks are in, rather than which 15 groups of dunks). I love the 15 groups, the mini packages, awesome idea, but they could take it even further. I know there are some players that have a very specific style of dunking (like Matt Barnes, for example, tends to only do these statuesque, line drive type dunks, or DeAndre Jordan tends to dunk everything as hard as he can with as much elevation as he can, or Andrew Wiggins who tends to dunk everything like he's on a pogo stick). It would be cool to be able to create and name your own signature packages that players can use.

Also, good job 2K with the alley oops this year. This is probably the most realistic looking set of animations for alley-oops in a basketball game ever. Last year was great, but they added a lot of softer, less dramatic alley oops (or at least they are more prevalent) this year.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:25 AM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by urjaywall

Also, good job 2K with the alley oops this year. This is probably the most realistic looking set of animations for alley-oops in a basketball game ever. Last year was great, but they added a lot of softer, less dramatic alley oops (or at least they are more prevalent) this year.
Great observation.

The oops are a massive improvement. This is the first year Ive been able to make them a staple of my half court offense.

I love how you don't need an open lane to throw it. A few times Ive had Deandre Jordan pinned down on a small guy; Ive thrown it up and he's softly tipped it in.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:34 AM   #4
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

The standing dunks are a little overpowered imo. At times were there should be contact there is none and you just get dunked on. Mirza Teletovic shouldn't d be doing standing dunks over Robin Lopez, but it has happened to me.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
The standing dunks are a little overpowered imo. At times were there should be contact there is none and you just get dunked on. Mirza Teletovic shouldn't d be doing standing dunks over Robin Lopez, but it has happened to me.

I'll take this over zero standing dunks tho. Felt like WNBA inside last year

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Agreed. It feels awesome. I could be wrong but I think there may be a few contact standing specific animations this year also, and they look really cool.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:17 PM   #7
MVP

Standing dunks are over-done. They are fare too prevalent and are being done by 6'0 pgs online. If it was happening less and for dominant/athletic bigs, it would be perfect but as of now there are too many Shaqs running around.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Standing dunks are over-done. They are fare too prevalent and are being done by 6'0 pgs online. If it was happening less and for dominant/athletic bigs, it would be perfect but as of now there are too many Shaqs running around.
As long as the PG's are athletic(slashers) I don't see a problem with it. It's the other types that probably shouldn't be able to do them. As of now, standing dunks are probably my best weapon as a slashing PG untill relentless gets patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »