Home

The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions

This is a discussion on The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 03:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions

It's the screen suction. The big was setting a screen so Middleton warped into him.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Physics bug. Ive been the beneficiary of them, but it's human nature to have the ones where we get screwed stick in our minds.

The CPU isn't deciding it has to score.
Alright man I was about to defend you in the other thread, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but what are you talking about?

What do you mean "physics bug" ? That's a non descriptive phrase that lacks any technical analysis. Not to be condescending, but if you're just going to throw out a phrase like "physics bug," you should have something to back it up like LorenzoDC's post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...8&postcount=24

And his signature has a post linking to Beluba explaining that there is no comeback code, so I'll walk back my assertion in my original post. I'm sure it happens in my favor from time to time, but the reality seems to be a lot of this stuff is tilted in the CPU favor. The catch-in-stride animations the CPU gets on deep passes vs. the bobble-fumble then catch animations I get as the user on the same passes is demonstrative of this.

I would love to see something like this happening in user favor that's not a result of the user doing something novel that the computer could not anticipate/account for, or general user zigzagging. Keep in mind that in the clip I showed you Evan Fournier was at a stand still and all of my other players were matched up with their assignments. There's not even a jab step to justify to Khris Middleton's movement.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:31 AM   #11
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
It's the screen suction. The big was setting a screen so Middleton warped into him.
Yep.

This new physics engine is fantastic, but some of these bugs will be ironed in patches and future editions.

The user gets to benefit from these bugs in the same way it hurts us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 03:33 AM   #12
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
Alright man I was about to defend you in the other thread, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but what are you talking about?

What do you mean "physics bug" ? That's a non descriptive phrase that lacks any technical analysis. Not to be condescending, but if you're just going to throw out a phrase like "physics bug," you should have something to back it up like LorenzoDC's post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...8&postcount=24
No worries. To me it looks like a suction effect caused by the screen Ibaka came to set but didnt. Ive seen plenty of suction animations caused by screens, and this is another one.

Physics bug.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:40 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
No worries. To me it looks like a suction effect caused by the screen Ibaka came to set but didnt. Ive seen plenty of suction animations caused by screens, and this is another one.

Physics bug.
fair enough

Old 10-23-2016, 07:05 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Maybe a hot girl in the fans behind Evan Fournier took off her shirt and flashed Middleton. Middleton became shocked and lost his train of thought, losing his position on Evan, allowing him to hit the 3.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #15
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
fair enough
I'm taking a little break from playing, but when I'm in my 2k rage I remind myself the game is not out to get me. It's just kind of a hot mess a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play Myleague and also deal with a RIDICULOUS amount of nonsense with any player I am not controlling on defense. At it's current state, this game is playable, not enjoyable. I turn this game off and walk away upset way more often than usual..very disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »