Home

The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions

This is a discussion on The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The CPU is cheating to score on an absurd amount of possessions

I do not believe that there is "comeback AI" built into the game but the AI definitely gets advantages that the user doesn't get - recovery and transition speed being a HUGE advantage. I dropped Reggie Jackson with a step back jumper, and he managed to get up, close out, and CONTEST THE SHOT successfully.

I was shocked because if my player gets bumped he'll drop the ball and just forget he's playing basketball but this guy springs up like he was never on the ground.

I will say that sometimes I get really upset with how well the game adjusts to me. Was playing the Pistons last night in MyLeague and Drummond went 34/19 on 16/22 and I could NOT BELIEVE how easily he was getting the rim and just dominating through every bit of contact. I have Biyombo at the 5, and I just could not guard his fadeaway mid-range jumpers nor could I defend him just getting to the rim at will.

I had NO answer for Drummond.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
I do not believe that there is "comeback AI" built into the game but the AI definitely gets advantages that the user doesn't get - recovery and transition speed being a HUGE advantage. I dropped Reggie Jackson with a step back jumper, and he managed to get up, close out, and CONTEST THE SHOT successfully.

I was shocked because if my player gets bumped he'll drop the ball and just forget he's playing basketball but this guy springs up like he was never on the ground.

I will say that sometimes I get really upset with how well the game adjusts to me. Was playing the Pistons last night in MyLeague and Drummond went 34/19 on 16/22 and I could NOT BELIEVE how easily he was getting the rim and just dominating through every bit of contact. I have Biyombo at the 5, and I just could not guard his fadeaway mid-range jumpers nor could I defend him just getting to the rim at will.

I had NO answer for Drummond.
Yeah, there is no comeback code, but your shooting percentages changes if you're leading or losing.
I been blown out and came back many times, and so has the cpu. But the thing is the cpu is cheese, period. Especially on hall of fame. That's why it seems like comeback cheese, becaue the way the game handicaps you the whole game, and the fact cpu start making a higher percentage of shots, it seems like it's destined for you not to win. It is, but on 16, the game you can actually play defense in, you can stop anyone because that game rewarded good defense.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #59
Pro

I don't believe that is true.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

More insane NBA 2K17 "defense"

I'll give someone $100 if they can explain and justify what is going on in this video. It looks like the out of bounds force field that ball handlers get needs to be applied to everyone if AI defenders are just gonna run to the basket support instead of parking under the basket to stop rim runs.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #61
Pro

I can explain but not justify.

It's your defensive settings.

If you have lets say "Moderate - Off-Ball" on a guy like Drummond that likes to or operates in the paint you get this.

For some reason, the game doesn't seem to have a way to adjust to the "Moderate" setting. So your player sees his defender and thinks, "I need to stay a moderate distance from this man". What it does is either sits your player out of bounds initially to maintain the "Moderate setting" or puts him somewhere else on the court to meet that defensive setting (sometimes in front or far out on the wing).

Then your player realizes his man in in the post and tries to adhere to your post settings [Behind, 3/4 Bottom, etc.] and attempts to reverse thrusters and get back into position to defend the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 12:46 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
I can explain but not justify.

It's your defensive settings.

If you have lets say "Moderate - Off-Ball" on a guy like Drummond that likes to or operates in the paint you get this.

For some reason, the game doesn't seem to have a way to adjust to the "Moderate" setting. So your player sees his defender and thinks, "I need to stay a moderate distance from this man". What it does is either sits your player out of bounds initially to maintain the "Moderate setting" or puts him somewhere else on the court to meet that defensive setting (sometimes in front or far out on the wing).

Then your player realizes his man in in the post and tries to adhere to your post settings [Behind, 3/4 Bottom, etc.] and attempts to reverse thrusters and get back into position to defend the post.
and to that all I can say is, what the ****

thank you for the explanation. all of these years i've been setting my defense to sag off non jump shooting bigs in an effort to get them to sink back into the paint when someone like Deandre Jordan is standing around the three point line. smh

Old 10-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #63
Pro

Very important note: Make sure you recognize the formation the opponent is in. Playing "Tight" or "Deny" on a team using a scheme like Swing or Slice will get you roasted on back-door cuts ALL DAMN DAY.

Those two playsets specifically put four players on the arc and one big at the top of the key. Playing "Tight" or "Deny" gives the offensive players room to break straight to the basket and because defenders can't turn around like a human being it's very difficult to guard.

"Tight" and "Deny" work well with like a 3-2 zone or anything like that but will get you eaten alive with certain sets.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:49 PM   #64
Rookie

can someone plz explain these things to me. Why does my center hang out at the 3pt line on both offense and defense? I have him set for gap on defense and he's still way out at the 3pt line defending a non threat. Actually noticed I have to baby set my Center and PF because they always seem to let their defender get the inside position at the rim for and easy lay up or dunk. It's very cheap. I feel like the CPU cheats to get majority of their points.

The game is not balanced at all. CPU has crazy reaction time getting blocked shots and rebounds. Can throw cross court passes while the user can't. Can dribble and do spin moves without losing the ball near defenders while the user loses ball. Can pull up and drain 85% of their shots in transition but if user does it it's a brick. Game is straight BS and getting all the CPU cheese on superstar difficulty. They should have to earn their shots just like me not cheat to get them. Also real shooting% option sucks it doesn't work. I'm shooting .145% from the 3 with Bradley Beal but can can can stay around almost 50% with Wall and Shabazz Muhammad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »