Home

What happened to the free feel?

This is a discussion on What happened to the free feel? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: What happened to the free feel?

Pump fakes actually worked at launch. Not only did they work, but you wouldn't get sucked into that contact animation while the defender was in the air, like 2K16.

The CPU defenders never bite on pump fakes anymore.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

like the body up and picking up ball animations, i think the change from the 'free feel' movement is more anti-cheese from 2k geared toward online modes. it's killing the offline experience.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #75
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Pump fakes actually worked at launch. Not only did they work, but you wouldn't get sucked into that contact animation while the defender was in the air, like 2K16.

The CPU defenders never bite on pump fakes anymore.
I too feel like this is an issue. When I play My League it really kills the immersion when the CPU sits there like a statue on any and all pump fake attempts. Like, they literally almost never jump; and not even do they not jump, but they don't even react lol.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 06:00 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
I too feel like this is an issue. When I play My League it really kills the immersion when the CPU sits there like a statue on any and all pump fake attempts. Like, they literally almost never jump; and not even do they not jump, but they don't even react lol.
that defensive discipline, yo. lol
Old 10-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #77
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

They've patched this game right back to 2K16, everyone CPU player is a lockdown defender who has pick dodger.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
You just reminded me about the screens. I will NEVER understand why CPU AI screens are amazingly powerful and hard for users to get past, but user AI screens are weak and easily broken off by CPUs. That makes no sense. The simplest basketball play is not as effective for a user either on-ball or off-ball in comparison to the effectiveness of a CPU screen. The day 2K gets close to a true-to-life NBA defense is the day 2K wins me over again. Until then, I'm dissatisfied with the direction they are going down. It's too restrictive even with the progress they've made.
It all comes down to translation of difficulty my brotha. The game will actually suck you into screens if you do so happen to get around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32qhBD-1_9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhVGWc6SZhc
Old 10-31-2016, 12:11 AM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
The thing that will always piss me off about the bodychecking and the hedges is the fact that it's done to cover up how poor the AI defense truly is.
Yeah rotations aren't good in this game. In reality nobody is staying in front of harden, Curry, Westbrook, rose, wall, or even someone like lance Stevenson. All it takes is a simple step on a guy to get past him, unless he drops back super fast (damn near impossible).

Teams understand this so they rely on rotations/help D to contain dribble penetration. 2K needs to come of with a system that allows the cpu to rotate over faster and the correct way so they wont have to wrestle you on the perimeter in order to cover up a the fatal flaw of 2K which is the rotations.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:02 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
the fatal flaw of 2K which is the rotations.
I remember some years back that you could literally cross half-court, hit the CPU with a crossover and get an open dunk 100% of the time. Users could score 100 points with one player easily, lol.

The defense in 2K16 was suspect at times. It seemed like when a PG hits the foul line area, the defenders on the perimeter like to collapse even if there's no real reason to, thus leaving open shooters for no real reason.

I've seen some pretty bad videos of 2K17 defense this year. Guessing that will get patched, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »