Home

What happened to the free feel?

This is a discussion on What happened to the free feel? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to the free feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Guess thats what happens when every other post has people complaining about somethjng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean but I don't let all of the negativity effect my gameplay.

If you mean that the gameplay is changed too quickly due to people wanting instant gratitude instead of practicing, I agree 100%.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:22 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Prelude was on Pro...
I've been playing on Superstar since I received the game.

Experiences differ from person to person but dribbling was highly touted pre-release and I felt the ability to do what I wanted (within reason), could be accomplished.

I did play the game prior to it being patched so maybe that's where our experiences differ.

Anybody delete all patches and play the game to see if it is any different?

EDIT: Just for reference, the first patch was two days before the game released, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Nevertheles109; 10-24-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 4

So every player is not a lock down defender? WTH

I wouldnt mind if Tony Allen or Khawi was locking folks down. But every player has the ability to stop you in your tracks.

Luckily I only play offline play now and myleague so I dropped the body sensitivity down to 40ish and its a bettery balance. Upped on ball defense a little and all the layup/shot contest stuff. Plays much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #12
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I've been playing on Superstar since I received the game.

Experiences differ from person to person but dribbling was highly touted pre-release and I felt the ability to do what I wanted (within reason), could be accomplished.

I did play the game prior to it being patched so maybe that's where our experiences differ.

Anybody delete all patches and play the game to see if it is any different?

EDIT: Just for reference, the first patch was two days before the game released, if I'm not mistaken.

Thought about reinstalling the game but held off bc I'm mainly an online player. Hoping patch drops soon

Old 10-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2
What happened to the free feel?

Great thread... I agree... it is not the same control wise for sure out of the box. The players don't have the weighty feel to them and I could make more precise inputs etc. Now it is not as precise. Really hurts because I feel that I am not playing the same game.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
Great thread... I agree... it is not the same control wise for sure out of the box. The players don't have the weighty feel to them and I could make more precise inputs etc. Now it is not as precise. Really hurts because I feel that I am not playing the same game.

Yeap they don't weigh, neither the ball weighs all on clouds and fast moving, i totally agree with you.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #15
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

That what happens when you have all these E-sports tournaments with big cash rewards. Most tweaks are geared towards stopping online cheese so if you play any mode that is user vs cpu your gameplay is dictated by what is happening in user vs user online (exploits, cheating, etc). I used to just except it and get used to it but I'm starting to realize that as a My League player that I'm probably being outsourced from playing NBA 2K and my long run with this game may be coming to an end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 02:33 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Woudn't the simple solution be to seperate on-line and off-line tweaks and settings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »